Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Rcbjr Well, a search using google for that theme turned up a ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

ecanasian no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Well, a search using google for that theme turned up a web site that lists it. It is listed as exported for Version 4.2.1 for the Pearl which has a lot of problems installing on any Pearl version, even if the pearl has that version.

You might try making sure your sisters BB Device Software is updated to the latest version, but I wouldn't bet on it working.

Rcbjr
    ohh ookay den well she just got it like 4 days ago and im preety sure its upto date with all the proper verison of software and stuff

cybermazz no está en línea Stack level 1
    cherri, u seem to be runnin the show here as for themes, thanks for all the help..

I have one question, can we get the old overload theme from bb 8700 on a bb83xx??

Im lookin for a dark theme and overload seemed the best fit not to mention i was using it for the last 2.5 years.. lol..

the new themes are all graphicy, overlord seemed best and practical and professional. please help! thanks

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    cybermazz, answered your post in the 8320 thread

willebiggz no está en línea Stack level 1

install help! for mac?

i completley understand how to do this on a pc just from reading these threads. but i have a mac.. ringtones are not a problem i just drag and drop the wav file on to the BB media card.. i figured it would be the same with themes but i cant seem to get the data into the right place...

please help!!!!

buiatti no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well, I have found some themes that really liked me, and have downloaded them into my computer (.axl and .cod files). But I have an issue, since the BB I am using is from my company (it's a curve 8310) in the Desktop Manager does not have the Application Loader.

How can I then upload these themes to my BB? I have tried copying it through Explorer (did not work), sending it directly to my BB e-mail box (did not work), and also sending the files to my personal e-mail to try getting them from there (did not work as well).

My company is so mean that even the camera was disabled.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    buiatti -- can you OTA? i'm thinking if they disabled the camera, you are pretty limited

Haven't tried yet, specially because I haven't seen any free theme for OTA. I'm not willing to pay for something that I can not use, specially because the prices are in US$, and the currency conversion makes them much more expensive for me.

Is there a way that I can make the ones I have downloaded to be available for OTA?

They also tried to disable the internet, but we found a way out....

OK, I found the very same themes available for OTA, and they worked perfectly...

TerTer no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does anyone know how to pull down themes from the media card?

Thank you,
    Terri

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by buiatti View Post
    OK, I found the very same themes available for OTA, and they worked perfectly...
    sneaky! glad they worked

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by TerTer View Post
    Does anyone know how to pull down themes from the media card?

Thank you,
    Terri
    If they are in the JAD/COD group format, then just Open Media Application, open the menu and use the "Explore" feature to browse to the jad file. Then select it and from the Menu Click on Open.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by buiatti View Post
    That's surprising. You Admins, have crippled the Desktop Manager to prevent loading any application, including updates to the Device Software packages, but apparently haven't even included prevention of installing unsigned 3rd party apps OTA. That is unless the themes you selected have been digitally signed. I wonder how many theme builders have the Digital Signature Authority from RIM.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

knightendo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just an FYI

When chossing theme make sure the cod file is in the same directory as the ALX file. Like for example make a new folder on the desktop put both files there and try loading them on the device.
    Worked for me

havoc1240 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question

well i followed all the steps and my 8700 was restarting and it just keeps shutting off and starting up it happened right after i finished the steps can anyopne help please!!!!!!!!!!!!

kuzin tarell no está en línea Stack level 1
    I don't get the option Application Loader , all I get when I connect my BB is a folder that says blackberry then I open and it lets me put ringtones, video, pics etc.