Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Hey everyone. I've been trying to add themes to my new att blackberry 8310. I ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

kiloka no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Themes: How To Find, Download, Install And Activate

Advertisement

Hey everyone. I've been trying to add themes to my new att blackberry 8310. I just installed the device manager software and opened it up after connecting my berry to my computer. It says its connected. I get the message The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device connected to your computer. So I followed a link given earlier in this post to go and find the software I need. There are a lot of options at blackberry dot com and I'm not sure which one I need for my device. I'm brand new to blackberrys as of about an hour ago so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by TerTer View Post
    Hey I got them to work, you MUST go in under options, security options, firewall, and change it to read reset settings, this will allow third party themes......and it WORKS! I can now see my downloads under themes...if anyone needs HELP, just let me know! Snoopy is GREAT! Thank you everyone for your support....

Terri
    Excellent, Thanks for the follow up and the new trouble shooting step.

Richard
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by kiloka View Post
    Hey everyone. I've been trying to add themes to my new att blackberry 8310. I just installed the device manager software and opened it up after connecting my berry to my computer. It says its connected. I get the message The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device connected to your computer. So I followed a link given earlier in this post to go and find the software I need. There are a lot of options at blackberry dot com and I'm not sure which one I need for my device. I'm brand new to blackberrys as of about an hour ago so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    You will need to download a file that is specifically for the 8310. You can go to the link for your carrier in this thread, BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites. For mos carriers, there is an pull down box where you need to select 8310 from the list. After that just pick the highest numbered package. There may be an option for multi language or English only when these two are together they will have differnt Package numbers but the Apps version should be the same. If you need two or more languages, such as French and English, select the multilanguage version. Otherwise select English only. then just complete the download process. Once downloaded run the package on your PC. Then that nasty error message will disappear.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

kiloka no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you! BTW how do I get my wallpaper to take up the whole screen and not just the little section in the middle?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

It needs to be formated for 320x240 pixels. The Curve display is 320 x 240 size with 160 Pixels per inch resolution.

Richard
    You Ask, We Will Answer

TerTer no está en línea Stack level 2

Well, this worked for awhile, now they are back at the back at the advanced Options, applications again. They moved there when I went in and downloaded a new theme! Boy this is same fun, Now I have to get them back under themes....If anyone has any suggestion I sure would like some help!
    Thank you,
    Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Excellent, Thanks for the follow up and the new trouble shooting step.

Richard

Desktop Manager!

Boy this is getting crazy, one minute it works and then it does not after loading a new theme. And I really can not remember all the steps I took to get them there the first time! This time I will write them down!

Help!

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Do you know what version that theme was exported for? It might be a export setting mismatch,( Check Cherri's post two posts up). Are you downloading these themes through the Desktop Manager or OTA?

Rcbjr.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ok, im confused.
    so you download the theme. you unzip and extract the alx and cod files. you open DM and install the theme on your bb using app loader. after bb reboots, you go to options/themes and its not there?

Correct, they are under options, advance options, applications! This is so weird! I had them under themes until I added a new one! HELP!
    Thanks, Terri

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    ok, im confused.
    so you download the theme. you unzip and extract the alx and cod files. you open DM and install the theme on your bb using app loader. after bb reboots, you go to options/themes and its not there?

Can anyone help me get these themes out of settings, options, advance options, applications?

Thank you,
    Terri

PIN/ID
    ATA

terri, can you check this?
    options/about
    third line down
    what version OS are you running. i need all the digits ... will be something like 4.2.X.XX

also
    options/advanced options/applications
    click menu/choose modules

what version of com_plazmic_themereader do you have ... again, i need all digits.

v4.2.0.71 (platform 2.2.0.41)
    I have options/advance options and applications no menu no module, mine starts with blackberry 4.2 core applications properties, and if I go under there I find the modules; I have net_rim_os, net_rim_smartcard, net_rim_wap, net_rim_event_log_viewer_app, net_rim_cldv_io_rim_impl, etc...I have tons.....And under Semitic Characters and Font Support Properties I have Modules, Blackberry 4.2 System Software Properties I have modules; lots...and so on? Any one that you need to know about? Does this help?

options/about
    third line down
    what version OS are you running. i need all the digits ... will be something like 4.2.X.XX

also

what version of com_plazmic_themereader do you have ... again, i need all digits.
    I do not see any numbers just that I have it!

Does this help!
    Terri

PIN/ID
    ATA

terri
    when i say 'menu' i mean to press the button to the left of the trackball with the bb logo on it. once you choose it, then choose modules. see how the theme reader is first, followed by all of the themes i have loaded?

should look like this:

Okay I found it...sorry version 4.2.0.71.....

options/about
    third line down

also

Does this help?
    Thank you for all you hard work!

Terri