Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

After i click add aplication and click my .alx file it pops up and says ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

shady7twenty4 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Themes: How To Find, Download, Install And Activate

Advertisement

After i click add aplication and click my .alx file it pops up and says error no additonal applications were found for your device? i have a 8130 running v4.3.06. I cant load thems or games using my desktop manager but i have no problem with ota downloads. Is this because i have verizon? thank you for any help in advance

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by jsbb View Post
    I tried to install new themes on my BB 8707 but received the following error message? Any advice? Thanks.

"The following modules could not be loaded because their digital signatures were invalid."
    Are you using a BES? Was this phone purchased Used?

Rcbjr.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by shady7twenty4 View Post
    After i click add aplication and click my .alx file it pops up and says error no additonal applications were found for your device? i have a 8130 running v4.3.06. I cant load thems or games using my desktop manager but i have no problem with ota downloads. Is this because i have verizon? thank you for any help in advance
    You probably haven't downloaded the Device Software package for your BlackBerry and installed it on your PC. You can find it by following the link for your carrier in this thread, BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites.

Rcbjr
    Last edited by Rcbjr; 01-10-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

thesil no está en línea Stack level 1

Can I download to a Mac? Every instruction seems to be geared to a PC.

Thanks

GS

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I have heard of people managing to install themes from a mac, but not using this process and I'm totally unfamiliar with the process.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

bel_in_da no está en línea Stack level 1

oh my god someone help me i dl the ota themes and wat now where do i get the Plazmic theme reader wat is that for anyway

help mee

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

belinda, have you tried a soft reset/battery pull?

take out battery while bb is still on, leave out for 30 seconds, replace, let phone reboot.

then go to options/themes ... themes should be there

when downloading themes OTA, you may need a reboot (battery pull) of the bb to activate the themes ... think of it as installing a new app on your pc, normally it asks you to reboot

TerTer no está en línea Stack level 2

Can not get the themes to load on my cincinnati bell blackberry pearl. I have done all of the instructions, but no such luck! HELP! PLEASE! SOMEONE!
    Terri

I am having the same problem! Can someone help me!?
    Thank you Terri

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    did you do a battery pull? take battery out, leave out for 30 seconds, place back in, let phone reboot?

try that to see if that removes the .14 theme reader. that is the one you want to get rid of.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Terri, Please explain exactly what your symptoms, error messages or at least what you have accomplished and where it fails.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

CCM Pro no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello...I am brand new to the BB world and I am thinking of jumping out a window! After spending several hours figuring out the whole concept of DM and OS (both of which were outdated on the CD that came with my Pearl), I finally was able to get ringtones on my Pearl...now I went to tackle themes.

I followed step-by-step instructions from the 1st page of this thread on downloading themes, installing etc...I do NOT get any user error messages or anything...what happens is I downloaded the Entourage theme and it does not appear in themes...so I go and switch all the "customs" to "allow" like it said...nothing...do reset by removing batter (2 times...once with phone off...once with phone on) still nothing...I am running the following:
    DM 4.2.2
    OS 4.2.1.109

I JUST got this so I know these are the most recent versions around.

The only other thing I did was look at the Entourage app in options/advanced options/applications and it says
    Description
    "A user defined 8100 theme for version 4.2.2"

But there is no 4.2.2 unless it is an 8800 right? Yet I got this theme from Pearl themes and the graphic images were shots of it on a Pearl so I know it is for the 8100.

I have NO idea what to do from here...aside from trading my BB for a Motorola Startac

Any direction would be helpful.
    Cheers.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by CCM Pro View Post
    Hello...I am brand new to the BB world and I am thinking of jumping out a window! After spending several hours figuring out the whole concept of DM and OS (both of which were outdated on the CD that came with my Pearl), I finally was able to get ringtones on my Pearl...now I went to tackle themes.

I followed step-by-step instructions from the 1st page of this thread on downloading themes, installing etc...I do NOT get any user error messages or anything...what happens is I downloaded the Entourage theme and it does not appear in themes...so I go and switch all the "customs" to "allow" like it said...nothing...do reset by removing batter (2 times...once with phone off...once with phone on) still nothing...I am running the following:
    DM 4.2.2
    OS 4.2.1.109

I JUST got this so I know these are the most recent versions around.

The only other thing I did was look at the Entourage app in options/advanced options/applications and it says
    Description
    "A user defined 8100 theme for version 4.2.2"

But there is no 4.2.2 unless it is an 8800 right? Yet I got this theme from Pearl themes and the graphic images were shots of it on a Pearl so I know it is for the 8100.

I have NO idea what to do from here...aside from trading my BB for a Motorola Startac

Any direction would be helpful.
    Cheers.
    I know how you feel. I actually wiped my 7100 trying to load themes on it (which is what led me to pinstack )Can you try loading a different theme? As I have posted before, I believe that if the theme maker exports the theme in any format other than 4.2.0, it will not work. Plazmic gives three choices and the ONLY one I have found to work is exporting to 4.2.0. So with that being said, I don't know if you like any of my themes, but try loading one of them and see if it works. That will tell us if its an export problem. Welcome to pinstack

CCM Pro no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks...I will try that and see...but just out of curiosity how come it works with someone else's Pearl?

Thank you for replying,

I can see them under Options, Advanced Options, Applications,and they are there example hbun 2007.12.02.2213. I have went in and did the edit permissions changed to allow allow and allow. Did the hard reset, but still no luck....Can you please help me. Made sure that my software is updated also....

Thank you so much,
    Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Terri, Please explain exactly what your symptoms, error messages or at least what you have accomplished and where it fails.

Rcbjr.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Do you know what version that theme was exported for? It might be a export setting mismatch,( Check Cherri's post two posts up). Are you downloading these themes through the Desktop Manager or OTA?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Hey I got them to work, you MUST go in under options, security options, firewall, and change it to read reset settings, this will allow third party themes......and it WORKS! I can now see my downloads under themes...if anyone needs HELP, just let me know! Snoopy is GREAT! Thank you everyone for your support....

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    I know how you feel. I actually wiped my 7100 trying to load themes on it (which is what led me to pinstack )Can you try loading a different theme? As I have posted before, I believe that if the theme maker exports the theme in any format other than 4.2.0, it will not work. Plazmic gives three choices and the ONLY one I have found to work is exporting to 4.2.0. So with that being said, I don't know if you like any of my themes, but try loading one of them and see if it works. That will tell us if its an export problem. Welcome to pinstack