Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Okay I finally got it but my version of reader is 1.1.0.14... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

vlittle13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Theme ndownload question

Advertisement

Okay I finally got it but my version of reader is 1.1.0.14

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Do NOT use that one on a 4.2 software device.

Open desktop manager, click on help and about, then the handheld software or what ever the third tab is. What file name is listed?

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

v4.2.0.71(Platform 2.2.0.41) for the Blackberry 8100 Series Wireless

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Perform a backup of your Pearl. The disconnect it and close desktop manager. Go here, AT&T downloads and select the red pearl option and download it. Once the download is complete, execute that file. Then connect your BB to the PC open desktop manager. If you're offered to upgrade accept. Apps loader wizard will open. Make sure everything you want loaded has a checkmark and what you don't doesn't.
    Complete the install process. Be very careful not to disconnect the BB until apps loader shows complete and sucessful. I would even wait until the BB finished after that to disconnect. Letus know how the goes.

Rcbjr
    Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

I really understand now why there are so many threads on themes and dowloading them. Here is an update. I updated the latest and great OS from AT&T (my carrier) and I chose the Red. I tried to download some themes and got nothing. I loaded the reader that was still in my list of Desktop Manager and got nothing. I removed all themes and the reader and did the OS again. I downloaded a theme from I can'remember where (it just said themes) and they include Default, O2, Orange, T-Mobile and Vodafone some work some don't the ones that don't give me 'Uncaught exception: java.lang.illegalargumentexception.

I tried to OTA the two themes I want - Phillies and Eagles - nothing. I am about to give up and live with what I have.

My present status is this:

OS - from Desktop Manager - Device software - I have 2 items V4.2.0.71 and v2.2.0.73- platform 2.2.0.41 on both - There presently is a reader loaded v 1.1.0.14

I've tried everything suggested by all of you and believe me I love this site and you all have been wonderful but can I just get a Phillies and Eagles theme and I promise, I won't ask anything else of this blackberry.

The best thing os all of this is as always it's the best way to learn all about your new toy.

Vicki

Thumbs up Re: Theme ndownload question

Thanks everyone for your help this issue is now closed and I'm happy to report with success.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12