hi there, i used the program maxmem to uninstall the unused default themes like the ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

Theme issue

Advertisement

hi there,

i used the program maxmem to uninstall the unused default themes like the vendor themes and bb_dimension icon and today themes on my 8300 and now i can't see my installed custom themes in the list. is it because of the bb_dimension today theme being deleted? how do i get it back? any ideas? i restored from my previous backup, but it did not work. i want to see if there is a way around without reinstalling my OS...thanks for ur help in advance.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I am trying to remember how i fixed this when it happened to me. I think I hooked up the BB to the DM and it reinstalled the missing files.... but I could be wrong, it was a long time ago.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    You are correct in that those themes need BBDimension and Dimension Zen in order to run. It is a complicated process to reinstall them once deleted, and I don't have the process at my fingertips. Will follow Melissa's lead, and assist in a search for how to do it

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    Melisaox is correct.... Plug your phone up and run DM. Desk manager will detect "available" upgrade needed. (Just like you're upgrading). Then click app load. Let it work its magic. And I would recommend not using maxmem. Some people love it... I'm not one of those people.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    thanks for all ur help...i upgraded to .124, so got everything back!

Rafa1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well maxmem works fine for me,my problem is how do I install new themes in my 8320,(OS 4.5.0.124 ) everytime I download new ones I look in the applications folder and I can see them there,but they don't apear in the themes folder,I tried everything but nothing,what am I missing any ideas? Thank you!!! By the way one of my bodies just got a 8330 sprint curve,and I wish I can get the theme that comes with this curve in to my 8320 tmo,is that posible??? Thank you

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa1 View Post
    Well maxmem works fine for me,my problem is how do I install new themes in my 8320,(OS 4.5.0.124 ) everytime I download new ones I look in the applications folder and I can see them there,but they don't apear in the themes folder,I tried everything but nothing,what am I missing any ideas? Thank you!!! By the way one of my bodies just got a 8330 sprint curve,and I wish I can get the theme that comes with this curve in to my 8320 tmo,is that posible??? Thank you
    are you downloading the themes via the desktop manager or OTA?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    are you downloading the themes via the desktop manager or OTA?
    When you delete the RIM themes from your phone with Maxmem, you also delete the theme reader installed in blackberrys.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I have stated many times before, maxmem is great, just dont delete all of the default themes or the ringtones

You wont be able to edit your tones anymore...

But you can delete the icon and zen theme, just dont do all of them
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>