Yes, I'm new to BB and have come up against one more thing I can't ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

sbrown712 no está en línea Stack level 3

Theme file extension question

Advertisement

Yes, I'm new to BB and have come up against one more thing I can't figure out.
    I have downloaded a theme with the extension .jad. I can't do anything with it. It's not a zip file. I searched on the net for something to use to open it but all I could find was reg cleaner/repair stuff. How can I make use of these type files?
    I have also noticed that when I unzip a theme I get two files, one a cod and the other alx. I have only been sending the larger file to my 8320 and everything seems to be working. Is there something I'm missing by not putting the other file in as well?

Thanks again.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    sbrown -- welcome to the stacks

when the theme is exported, you have two different versions. one is desktop download and one is for OTA.

Desktop download will produce two files (one alx and one cod). Once the files are loaded on your PC for installation, DM will NOT 'see' the cod file, only the alx. The cod file is like the wife and the alx is like the husband. The cod file tells the alx file what to do LOL!! had to say it..

Anyway.

The jad file is what you will see if the theme is being hosted for OTA download (Over-The-Air). Go back to where you found the jad link with your Blackberry browser. Click the link and choose download when prompted. OTA is the easiest form/method for installing themes, in my opinion. But also requires a data plan, which not everyone has.

sbrown712 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for the quick replies. I have downloaded both zip and OTA themes before and didn't notice the different extensions. It didn't say these themes were OTA downloads so that created my confusion. Thanks again for your help.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by sbrown712; 08-29-2008 at 04:55 AM.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well glad you got that issue fixed. Welcome to the wonderful BlackBerry world! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~