Is it possible that a certain theme may drain the battery faster than others? I ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3

theme battery drain?

Advertisement

Is it possible that a certain theme may drain the battery faster than others? I just dl'ed and set a theme today and my battery life is noticeably worse..I was previously using a default theme.

Also getting more memory drain
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.100 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Hmm, i never thought of that. Themes are just static images still, with placements of icons. If there isnt a phone call or any activity going on, its not taxing the battery more than usual. Unless there are now themes with an active background.
    But check if there are any apps open and running using gps, or updates.

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah its weird. Its just the only thing I can come up with from yesterday to today. Very odd. Haven't had any severe memory leaks either and today it told me I'm low on memory twice and I had to do a battery pull.

No apps running or anything. I can't attribute it to anything else.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.100 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Is that an animated theme or hidden dock theme?
    If yes some maybe that could be the reason.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.130 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    animation can cause the device to run slower, as ealvnv noted above. also any custom theme will run differently than the default themes. the more graphic/custom elements a theme has, the larger the file is, and subsequently the slower the device will run because its taking up more memory.

as a general rule, always perform a reset (battery pull) after installing a theme to reset the memory. that may make a difference on how your device runs.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    animation can cause the device to run slower, as ealvnv noted above. also any custom theme will run differently than the default themes. the more graphic/custom elements a theme has, the larger the file is, and subsequently the slower the device will run because its taking up more memory.

as a general rule, always perform a reset (battery pull) after installing a theme to reset the memory. that may make a difference on how your device runs.
    Is there a way to tell how big the file is on a theme that only has an ota link?
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    on the download page/window ... there will be a file size