Hello, I read some threads about picture, quality and appropriate resolution, but I still have ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

ecid no está en línea Stack level 1

text in pictures

Advertisement

Hello,

I read some threads about picture, quality and appropriate resolution, but I still
    have some troubles with pictures on my 7100.

I created a basic white 240x260 72DPI picture with some anti-aliased text, and saved it as jpeg (standard quality, but I even tried with jpeg with no compression)
    When I opened it on my PC, the picture was smooth. I put the picture on my BB by sending an email.
    When I opened it with the standard BB picture viewer, the text was readable, but the quality was somehow poorer (ie: like a over compressed jpeg). Putting the picture as the background image did not change the quality problem. The size (in KB) of the saved picture was also not the same as the size of the picture attached in my email. It seems to me that the application is saving the file in jpeg format, even if the file provided is already a jpeg. What does the picture viewer application actually do with the picture ? I also tried with gif and png format, and still have the same problem. Is this the default behaviour or do I miss something ?

ecid no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: text in pictures

I did some extra tests and use BerryPix v2 to upload the very same picture to my BB. The quality of the picture is good while viewing it on BB BerryPix. I saved the picture from this application and use the standard BB picture viewer to view it: the quality of the picture stays good !

To summarize:

picture -> mail -> viewed/saved by BB picture viewer => loss of quality
    picture -> BB Desktop Manager + BerryPix -> saved by BB BerryPix -> viewed by BB picture viewer => no loss of quality

Any clues ?