As some of you may know, I am working on a project with a friend ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Special Themes For A Special Cause (Please Read) 71 & 87 Series Themes!

Advertisement

As some of you may know, I am working on a project with a friend of mine to raise money for a very special girl.

If you want to know about the history behind this and what we are trying to accomplish, please visit the following website:

www.awish4asis.blogspot.com

Before reading any further into this post, I would ask that you first go to this website to see what this whole project is about.

----------------------------------------

The other night while driving home, I was talking to fellow Pinstacker Skip00319. While talking to him, an idea came across my mind. That idea was why not make a series of “custom made” themes to benefit this project.

I then contacted Steve (SRL7741) and Chris (CP6169) about what it would take for them to make me a series of customized “A Wish For A Sis” themes. BOTH of them responded that they would happy just to do it, and asked for no reimbursement or payment what so ever. So first off, I want to give a big appreciation to both of them for taking their time to help this cause.

So here are the themes that were made:

The first themes are the most special. The reason they are so special, is the images that you see in the background were actually created and painted by the very person in which this fund is being set up for. She has no idea that we used these images as the background on the themes. So for me personally (And I think many other people), these first themes have the most meaning because of who created them. She doesn't see her own special talent so you can prove her wrong by showing her how much you appreciate her work by using it for your theme.

If you would like, send an email to Awish4ASis@gmail.com and we will make sure that they all get forwarded to her.

AWish4ASis Theme 1 (71 Series)

*Created By SRL7741

AWish4ASis Theme 2 (71 Series)

*Created By SRL7741

AWish4ASis Theme 1 (8700 Series)

*Created By SRL7741

AWish4ASis Theme 2 (87 Series)

*Created By SRL7741

The following themes are themes that have been created

in honor of this project:

AWish4ASis Theme 3 (71 Series)

*Created By SRL7741

AWish4ASis Theme 4 (71 Series)

*Created By SRL7741

AWish4ASis Theme 5 (71 Series)

*Created By SRL7741

AWish4ASis Theme 3 (87 Series)

*Created By SRL7741

AWish4ASis Theme 4 (87 Series)

*Created By SRL7741

AWish4ASis Theme 5 (87 Series)

*Created By SLR7741

AWish4ASis Theme 6 (87 Series)

*Created By CP6169

AWish4ASis Theme 7 (87 Series)

*Created By CP6169

AWish4ASis Theme 8 (87 Series)

*Created By CP6169

-----------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------

That's great, so what does all of this mean” is probably what you are asking yourself.

Well, these themes were created solely for the purpose of a fund-raiser to assist in the project we are putting together.

We are asking for a donation for a theme of at least $1.00 in place for a theme.

None of these donations are going to “administrative fees” or any type. As you can tell by the website listed above, we are doing all of this for free, so there is nothing for us to spend money on.

To make a donation, you can use PayPal. The email address for the PayPal is AwishForASis@aol.com.

Please include your Pinstack Name (if applicable) and which theme(s) you are requesting and for which device.

If you wish to do your donation via mail, please see the right hand corner on the website listed above for a PO Box to which to send them. (Please, money orders or cashier's check also. I don't want to have to pay the bank $25 for a $2 returned check in the event that there happens to be one).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I normally wouldn't reach out to the Pinstack community like this, however, it is a cause that has touched my heart (believe it or not, I do have a heart).

If you have any questions, please, by all means, feel free to contact me via PM, Email, PIN messaging or Instant Messenger (Google Talk: awish4asis).
    I am also raffeling off 3 BlackBerrys For This Cause

7290 Unlocked
    And an Unlocked 8700
    And an Unlocked 8100 Pearl

Also, if you would like, feel free to forward the link to any friends or family members which you think may be interested.

I never wanted to come out and say that I was one of the ones behind this drive, however, there had been many questions about it being a scam, which, I can assure you it is not, which is the reason I decided to let it be known that I am one of the 2 founders and organizers of this drive.

I have been around here for almost a year, and I would hope that my previous actions are enough to indicate that I have never been one to not be trusted.

So thank you for taking the time to read this and for your assistance in this project. It is truly greatly appreciated.

I also want to give one more large thank you to both Steve and Chris for what they have done out of the kindness of their heart. These 2 guys are awesome.

N8DBB
    www.awish4asis.blogspot.com
    awish4asis@gmail.com
    n8d@tmo.blackberry.net
    IM: Google Talk: awish4asis

***Note: Sorry for the different awishfor(4)asis email addresses. We were in such a hurry setting this up, that we set up the emails without conferring with each other first. =-)
    Last edited by N8DBB; 01-15-2007 at 09:05 PM.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Updated with some of the 8700 Themes.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Steve...I owe you BIG TIME....Thank you.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm more than happy to support your efforts and i was more than happy to also donate.

Keep us all posted on the progress. I'm sure things will work out great.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741
    I'm more than happy to support your efforts and i was more than happy to also donate.

Keep us all posted on the progress. I'm sure things will work out great.
    Post Updated with the Themes that Chris (CP6169) did for us!

You can bet on that...Over at the blog, on the right hand side, there is a link to the "Donor Recognition" page and a small forum that we have set up to keep track of everything...All donations are going to be listed publicaly.

Also, be back in a few to update this post.

scampbell185 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24210A68
    do you have any for the 8100? I work in the cell phone industry and could probably help a great deal with this cause to new users who want really cool themes. I would love to help this special girl. You don't hear too many people doing things like this any more. Keep up the efforts and I will pass it along to all that I know.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    scampbell185, Until Plazmic releases Theme Builder 4.2, there won't be any custom themes, other than those Placmic creates, for the Pearl. As soon as that update is released I know these will be created, I'll do it myself, just to make sure.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Thank all of you for your assistance in this project. It means a lot that you all are so supportive and helping this cause.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Hows about we drop 'em to a buck...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    How is this coming along? Do we need to add to it?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Not one yet. Not a single one.

I am going to open this up I think and anyone who makes a donation of any kind, be it for the themes or just a regular donation, will be entered into the raffle for the berries. 1 ticket per $1 donation.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b