Dear all, I'm totally confused: When I activated my 8700 yesterday I had a fantastic ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

mxscherr no está en línea Stack level 1

Question smaller font size than system10 or millbank7???

Advertisement

Dear all,

I'm totally confused: When I activated my 8700 yesterday I had a fantastic very small font size, so that I could read all senders and a large chunk of the e-mail subject.

Since I played with the Themes today I can't get back to that :-((
    The smalles I can get are System 10 oder millbank 7 - which is still larger than what I had - and I couldn't find any way to get that back :-((

Anyone in this great community who could help?

1000 Thanks in advance

Max
    (from Vienna, Austria)

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hi mxscherr,

Try activating the the default theme again and set the fonts back to the default size. Remove any new themes you may have downloaded or installed that could be causing issues.

Try this and see if it helps? Remember activate the default theme first before deleting any newly installed themes.

dear srl7741,

unfortunately i can't get AS SMALL AS I HAD. don't know where it came from - maybe my previous blackberry (older model) via activation, where I had a smaller font.

Also, I have no "Default" theme - only 5 BB-ones. Could this be the issue?
    Or does anyone have a theme with a font size below 7?

thanks!!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Hello mxscherr, welcome to pinstack.

You are saying you had font smaller than 7, hmm I wouldnt mind that at all.

hello cp6169,

indeed, i had smaller than 7. but still found no way to get back there :-(.
    I am already thinking about a total reset and re-activating the device ;-)

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5
    I doubt that reinstalling the OS would help I have never seen a font smaller than 7 on a BB.

You said this was after you "played with the themes".

Sometimes if you activate a theme thats not a vendor theme even if you change the font in Options>Screen Keyboard it will not change the font on the entire BB I.E. Messages.

I also wouldnt mind a smaller font... in some areas of the BB

Good Luck and Happy Holidays

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    "Millbank Tall" 7 is the smallest on the 8700g.

Only the 7290's had smaller font settings. However the resolution on the 8700 is higher and thus it's about the same data on the screen as before.

I know how u feel I'm a small font user also as i hate scrolling The same with PC 1600x1200 small fonts.

With my eyes not as good when I had the 7290 3 years ago and now I'm using "BBCasual" Font 7 with Italic and font smoothing on.

Still a long way to go ...

Dear all,

thanks for your response - indeed, I feel like having joinded a great community!
    The smaller font will still puzzle me, since it seems that it's not just me qho would like a smaller one.

@hayden: maybe the older model (72something) is the source where it came from, since I backuped the old one with the 5 (or so) font size setting before switching on the new one. And than all settings were transferred to the new one. But it seems that once somebody starts playing around with the display settings, the 7 limit applies.
    Strange thing. Will talk to my IT guys tomorrow (or Jan 2nd latest if they are on holiday) to see what we can do. And keep u posted.

max

eion no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: smaller font size than system10 or millbank7???

There is a hack (not mine) to make this work. I've tested this on my 7100t, and it works perfectly, so hopefully it'll work for you too.

From BlackberryForums (I'd post the URL, but I can't - credit to member IHawkMike, anyway):

"Using the Desktop Manager, go to Backup/Restore's Advanced mode to export individual DBs. Export the Options DB and Save As a file of your choosing. Load this file up in a hex editor and change bytes 44h & 45h. I wasn't able to discern a pattern using multiple exports (LSB maybe?) so I don't know what size 6 would be, but I can tell you size 5 is F0 01. Save that file and export it back in. The change wasn't apparent immediately, but after unhooking the USB cable and plugging it back in (or maybe just waiting) my font was back to the nice tiny size 5. The Screen/Keyboard settings will still show a 7, but it's clearly 5."

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: smaller font size than system10 or millbank7???

eion, Welcome to PinStack.

Thanks for the information. This is a little beyond just changing a settings. I suggest that you don't try it unless you are very familiar with the Back Up and restore Process and with installing your OS. This type of editing can really mess up a device.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles