I am kinda new to the scene and I have noticed that a lot of ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

Shauwney no está en línea Stack level 1

Quick Question

Advertisement

I am kinda new to the scene and I have noticed that a lot of ppl ask for ota downloads. How difficult is it to make them available? The reason I ask is because I happen to be one of those people who has downloaded the desktop manager and software for the 8130 at least twenty times and still get that stupid error message and have simply given up on zip files. Seems like all of the great themes are zip. I have followed the many directions on line and no dice. I can't believe it! Can we possibly get more ota themes?
    LOVE MY SE-R

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    They have to be requested by the theme maker and the moderators have to create the .jad and send it back for us to post. Not hard just sometimes not the fastest way. I read alot about the trouble you are having with DM, not once have I ever had trouble installing or upgrading DM or trouble downloading zips as long as they match my model and os.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I dunno why are you having such a hard time loading them onto your bb. Are you sure the ones you've downloaded are for your OS first of all? meaning have you checked your OS and compare them to the theme provided. Some run under 4.2.1 and other are 4.2.2 so there are some differences and of course those with 4.5 and 4.3. Find out if the theme's compatible with your bb and then try to open the zip file using winzip i guess or you can try something I use which is the best for me that is...(Winrar). It's also an unzipping application. Then once open save the open files onto your desktop or documents; create a folder such as 83xx themes or whatever you wanna call it. Then open the desktop manager; open application loader; search for the file (theme) axl,cod; load it to your bb and restart your bb. Sometimes it will give you an error because it's not compatible. I never had a problem with my 8100 and zip files. I hope you can solve this problem. People here are very knowlegeable and are always willing to help out. Welcome to the Stacks btw

I don't know why I am either.. I have tried everything. I am running 4.5 on the 8130 and the DM is the latest version of 4.6

The OS is listed under the device tab in DM, and I checked to make sure that it's on my phone as well. For some reason, it just will not work. I will try once again - Thanks for the input
    LOVE MY SE-R

I just tried to download this one from this forum (won't let me post a link) for 4.5

It keeps giving me the same error. I swear it's user error LOL or the Carrier (Verizon)

I can't imagine what I might be doing wrong. I followed the directions to a T

DM is same or higher version than OS
    Software is loaded on phone and DM
    I have Vista so it automatically unzips the files.. I see the .alx and the.cod file inside.. when I go to upload it using the DM, it starts loading then kicks out that STUPID message

What GIVES?
    LOVE MY SE-R

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    hmm...I think I heard something similar to your problem around here somewhere before. I recall that person had deleted some vendor xml from his service books i think or something like that...correct me if i'm wrong if there are any admins around. But yeah, might be an OS problem. Sucks bro Sorry i couldn't be of more help to you

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Raton may have something here. Problem may be zip prog in Vista. Try downloading Winzip and make it the default.
    Also, I may be missing something here. What error message are you getting?

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I have vista and it doesn't automatically unzip my files. Looks like it is unzipped but up above the there is a option up extract all files. I'm running Ultimate

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

OK.. I'm going to download the WINZIP now and see if that makes a difference. I already deleted the .xml file

BTW.. I'm a girl

I'll let you know if that works...
    LOVE MY SE-R

IT WORKED!!!

Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it may have been the winzip!
    LOVE MY SE-R

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauwney View Post