I downloaded the plazmic theme creator but my computer says that it is unsupported and ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

retrozion no está en línea Stack level 3

Plazmic Doesnt Support Windows Vista

Advertisement

I downloaded the plazmic theme creator but my computer says that it is unsupported and that it can run with windows xp or 2000. Doo anybody knows a theme creator i can use to make theme using windows vista?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Plazmic Doesnt Support Windows Vista

retro - try this one
    you didn't mention you had vista :-P

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...chine_how.html

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

whew, since I just installed Vista on both of our computers the past 2 days... LOL

retrozion no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks a bunch

spacegirl450 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i also have vista and tried the link above but it didn't work do you have one that does?

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    I've been using plazmic on my vista machine for about 6 months now. No problems here. Just installed them under ADMIN, and had no issues. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ajdamac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c6d491
    I keep getting a message that's tell me I need to select a folder to extract to and I select one, then nothing happens. Would going under my Admin name help. I thought when I setup mine up I made my name admin but guess not. If anyone can help it would be great.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    my laptop I just recently got came with Vista and im using plazmic too, with no probs.
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

Dream Hack no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

With vista it's generally good practice to run installs as administrator. The feature is there to protect your computer from malicious users and programs, but it tends to make programs not work properly. Just right click and select run as administrator. You do need to have admin rights on the account you are installing from though

silviajdm no está en línea Stack level 3
    Also try downloading the new service pack from Microsoft, see if that clears up any compatibility issues.

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Quote Originally Posted by silviajdm View Post
    Also try downloading the new service pack from Microsoft, see if that clears up any compatibility issues.
    Make sure that if you download the new service pack, that you have their accepted antivirus. There were several programs that were going to be disabled when SP1 was relased. I had to contact Trend Micro, and make sure that I was'nt going to have issues.

When you go to do initial install, Make sure you right click over the installer package.
    Then click "Run As Administrator", and follow the prompts. Its a headache, I know. But its something we have to get used to, if were going to use Vista..
    I personally dont like the OS, And wish I would have downgraded when I had the chance.

When you go to alter the "ALX" file to get your hidden themes, You have to do the same to the parent folder. ie.. you have to set the permissions to alter the programs interior.

Keep trying, I got it to work, and didnt have any issues after the fact.
    Microsoft, in my book, SUCKS! Just because of this issue.

Good luck to ya!
    J
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.