Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I have finally been able to create my own theme via the Plazmic Theme Builder. ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

jmoffat no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Pinstack's Downloads directory - Theme installation help

Advertisement

I have finally been able to create my own theme via the Plazmic Theme Builder. I don't use the Desktop Manager software, so I don't have that to install the theme. My plan was to put it just on my webserver and then download it, but it isn't working. I just get jumbled up code when I try to hit the .jad file.

Does anyone know of a free place to upload the theme that would make it possible to install OTA?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

coolservice.dk/en/compatibilities.php This is what I have used in the past.

jmoffat no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks! I used Plazmic Theme Builder to create it, so there is 1 .jad file and several .cod files. Have you ever uploaded something like that and then download it?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Here are some sites offering free uploads.

http://www.streamload.com/

http://www.freeaspupload.net/

http://www.filefactory.com/

http://www.4shared.com/

http://upload2.net/

http://www.megaupload.com/

I have been told that you can upload just the 1 main jad and you can access that ota. Also, pentace provided me a great tutorial on how to combine the files using notepad. If uploading the 1 jad doesnt work please let us know and maybe pentace will give us some assistance. Also SRL77 is an experienced theme creator. Good luck.

mpower no está en línea Stack level 1

i also cant upload my theme..

it wont show on the list..

help pls.. i tried the instructions found in this thread but still no luck!

sonar5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi all,

I have several themes installed, however, while the other icons are transparent, the new Google Maps Mobile is always seen unless I move it to below the visible area. Any Ideas how to make that transparent until scrolled over?

Regards,
    Joe

PIN/ID
    3056468b

You cannot change icons for applications that you download that were not provided on the BB in the first place. Sorry

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

This was sent to me awhile back and deals with OTA theme installations and the web hosting company's backside. Not all web hosting companies are equiped to allow OTA installations. Be sure to ask or check if they are setup to allow for OTA software installation.
    The mime type returned when you follow the link to the jad files is currently "application/octet-stream". For desktop browsers, this normally means the content should be downloaded since it is some type of binary data. The BlackBerry Browser does not support the download of arbitrary binary data, so it tells you that it can't accept content of this type.

The instructions that follow are for the Apache web server v.2.0. If the website is hosted by a third party you may need to ask them to configure the server to allow these mime types.

1. In the "conf" sub-directory of the directory where you installed Apache, open the mime.types file. (ie. C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\conf\mime.types)
    2. At the bottom of the file add the following 2 lines:

text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor jad
    application/vnd.rim.cod cod

3. Save the file.

4. Restart the Apache Server (Start Menu, Programs, Apache HTTP Server, Control Apache Server, Restart).

What this has done is tell Apache that whenever a .jad file is requested, the mime type that should be returned is "text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor". Similarly for .cod files. The BlackBerry browser will recognize the above mime-type for the .jad file and offer you the option to download the theme.

Please note that once the theme is downloaded, you will need to restart your device to have it show up in the list of themes. Also, be sure to download the theme reader application to your device before you download the theme.

autoquick no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20330CBA

I'm stuck getting the theme to show up in the themes listing. I'm feeling like a Noob here. I was able to load the O2 theme under the 4.0 O/S. I have since upgraded my 7100t to 4.1.0.309 and now no luck. I have the plazmic_theme_reader.alx loaded with several themes. I changed the permissions to allow. Then hard booted the 7100t. And I'm still not getting any themes. I'm just seeing BB Dimension-Icon (Active) as the only theme. The old O2 theme now has a java script error and won't load. I have hit into the security area and poked around in modules. It's getting on several days now and I think I'm getting blister from using the thumb wheel searching for an answer. Is there another theme I can load that dosen't need the plazmic_theme_reader.alx? I'm starting to wonder if the OS upgrade missed something.

autoquick no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20330CBA

Quote Originally Posted by autoquick
    I'm stuck getting the theme to show up in the themes listing. I'm feeling like a Noob here. I was able to load the O2 theme under the 4.0 O/S. I have since upgraded my 7100t to 4.1.0.309 and now no luck. I have the plazmic_theme_reader.alx loaded with several themes. I changed the permissions to allow. Then hard booted the 7100t. And I'm still not getting any themes. I'm just seeing BB Dimension-Icon (Active) as the only theme. The old O2 theme now has a java script error and won't load. I have hit into the security area and poked around in modules. It's getting on several days now and I think I'm getting blister from using the thumb wheel searching for an answer. Is there another theme I can load that dosen't need the plazmic_theme_reader.alx? I'm starting to wonder if the OS upgrade missed something.
    OOH Kay - Beating my head didn't work, but blowing out the OS installer did. I tryed to install 7100E_4.1.0.314_Cingular.exe and it would only repair the install of BlackBerry_7100t_7105t_4.1.0.309.exe. So I attempted a install of BlackBerry_7100t_7105t_4.1.0.309.exe and chose remove. That didn't seem to do anything to the 7100, but it seems to have unflagged the windows installer. So when I ran the BlackBerry_7100t_7105t_4.1.0.309.exe again, it acted like a NEW install and installed on the 7100. I also selected to remove any plazmic_theme files. When that completed, I had additional theme from t-mobile. Then installed the reader and themes (From you wonderful posting people) and all is working. Thanks for all the information on this site. Now on to sounds!!!

str8drinker no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400F0EA3

HELP. My comp willNot load my blackberrt disc so all I can do is OTa downloads. I don't know why. But icant do it. If n e one has any OTA let me know PIN me please

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by str8drinker
    HELP. My comp willNot load my blackberrt disc so all I can do is OTa downloads. I don't know why. But icant do it. If n e one has any OTA let me know PIN me please
    Go to the Blackberry support site for Downloads and Get the Blackberry Desktop Software and install that on your PC. You might need to download and install the Current OS for your BB also onto the PC in order to load anything.

Hope this Helps
    Rcbjr.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Additional thoughts. Are you running XP on your PC, if so make sure you have enough permissions to install programs when trying to do the set up from you BB Disc.

Again, hope this helps
    Rcbjr.

godrocksus1 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a 7290 OS4.1. I loaded a bunch of themes and I'm getting this error (Uncaught exception java.lang. NullpointerException) It happens every time I lock the keypad. If I ignore it it will eventually lock up and I have to remove the battery. The default works great but all of the themes I added off of pinstack give me the same error. This sucks I think I'm about to dump them.

NCSentinel no está en línea Stack level 1

It works fine for me. The only thing I forgot to do was download the app reader. Once I did that, it appeared and all was fine. I had changed the settings prior to doing that and did the hard reset. Great theme. Thanks!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast