How do you make a image black and white and leave a part of it ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

tj2311111 Guest

Photoshop Question?

Advertisement

How do you make a image black and white and leave a part of it in color. For example, you black and white an image of a car but wanna leave the headlights in a blue glow from the original picture. How do you do that?

kre8berry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Photoshop Question?

The easiest way would be to make a layered doc. Leave the layered doc color. Open a second copy and make it black and white. then copy it to colored layered doc. Whichever you want more of make the background. Then 2nd layer delete what you don't want. I recommend a path so you can use it again if needed. If you need more help pm me and I can give ya some more help. Or some examples etc hope this helps. Like I said if sounds confusing just let me know. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

^^^ confused the hell outta me

tj2311111 Guest

Yeah your gonna have to explain that. How do you make a layered doc from a regular pic? And how do you second layer delete what you dont need?

tj2311111 Guest

I played around with it and I actually figured it out. Thanks kre8berry.

PIN/ID
    ask me

Haha. Ok.in phtoshop first thing is do a save as. Then make one doc black and white. Now. You will need to select all in one of the docs. For this example lys say BW doc is background. So select all in color copy doc. And copy and paste into BW doc. Doing so will add second layer. To delete the parts u don't want you can do either of 2 things.
    1.eraser tool on layer two, which will allow BW to show thru
    2.use the path tool. Select a path around the objects you want BW versus color and make selection in the path tools. Then delete while on 2nd layer. This is not so easy to explain without you seeing each stage. If ya pm me I can get ur email and email u screen captures of each stage. Hope this is some help. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    ask me

That is sweet pic. Great work. hope I was helpful. Glad to be of service.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by StaceyRVC; 08-05-2007 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Automerged.

tj2311111 Guest

Yeah you definetly helped, I had no clue how to start. I messed around with what you said and thats what I came up with. Thanks again.

PIN/ID
    ask me

Oops darn connection probs. Posted like one too many times. Sorry. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~