Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey everybody!A very good friend of mine, who is a Theme Maker, sudjested I should ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no

There is now a way to download and store themes to your media card!

Advertisement

Hey everybody!A very good friend of mine, who is a Theme Maker, sudjested I should share this! I admit it didn't take much to convince me!lolYes it's true,there is now a way to download and store themes to your media card!!Now there are a couple things you'll need to make it work!First and most important you will need a theme maker to zip a copy of the cod.files and the jad.file, that would be normally used to post an ota downloadable theme. Then the the maker would need to either email it to you, or post it so you can download it to your media card.Second you will need the FileScout app or a similar app, so you can unzip your new theme inside a folder you will have added in your media card for this purpose.Lastly you can install the theme when you wish by finding the jad file and click on it. The FileScout app will make doing this whole process possible! Here is where I believe you can find the FileScout app!Now for the record! I know this works, because I have done it several times now without any glitches so far! I hope you will find this info useful!I want to give a special thanks to those theme makers, who have helped me figure this out and shared their themes with me!You are all awesome!!!

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    sweet, thanks..i will give it a try

PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Your very welcome!

PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Ps. This will also work with apps, and games too!As long as the maker of the themes, apps, or games, putss the same files in a zip for you that they would use when posting an ota download!Then you will be able to download and store them in your media card, so you can install them as you like!

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    nice tip. another way to "save" themes is to either bookmark the OTA links or create an email with several theme links in it and email it to yourself.when you get the email mark it as saved and you can easily go back to it to retrieve your themes. of course this method won't work if you don't have data or if the hoster of the OTA theme pulls it. i also use this method (the email one) to save OTA links to apps i have loaded. it comes in handy if i have to reinstall an app or if an upgrade becomes available for one of my apps.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    nice tip. another way to "save" themes is to either bookmark the OTA links or create an email with several theme links in it and email it to yourself.when you get the email mark it as saved and you can easily go back to it to retrieve your themes. of course this method won't work if you don't have data or if the hoster of the OTA theme pulls it. i also use this method (the email one) to save OTA links to apps i have loaded. it comes in handy if i have to reinstall an app or if an upgrade becomes available for one of my apps.

I do a similar thing, I copy links and paste them in memos saved in the BB memo pad app
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I do a similar thing, I copy links and paste them in memos saved in the BB memo pad app
    cool...haven't tried that. with the email method i rename the links to the name of the app. it makes it nice and tidy.can you do that with memo also?

PIN/ID
    sorry no
    I've saved the ota links in my emails, and I've also saved them in my memos. But with either method, your still stuck depending on those links working, when you happen to need them.Unfortunately I've lost my chance for some pretty cool themes, because the links went dead for some reason or another.The only way to be sure you'll have the themes,apps, or games, is to download them. But with the blackberry's memory being sooo limited, the only solution I can use( since I have no computer) is to save them in my media card.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by bill16 View Post
    I've saved the ota links in my emails, and I've also saved them in my memos. But with either method, your still stuck depending on those links working, when you happen to need them.Unfortunately I've lost my chance for some pretty cool themes, because the links went dead for some reason or another.The only way to be sure you'll have the themes,apps, or games, is to download them. But with the blackberry's memory being sooo limited, the only solution I can use( since I have no computer) is to save them in my media card.
    yep.your method is the best solution since you don't have to depend on others to get your stuff.

cherylhandy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31017CDF
    when saving the scout file does this need 2 b saved 2 the media card? Also the themes i understand need 2 b zip but still not understanding how 2 get them 2 save 2 the media card will i b prompted as 2 where 2 save them? Lastly can't i just simply save the zip file instead of emailing 2 myself or when email myself u were referring 2 OTA themes?

PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Ok. First, the "Filescout" is an App. So you download it as you would any other app. There is no need to download it to your media card.Second, any zip file you try to download will give you the choice where you want it to be saved by promting. Lastly, An ota is just a jad.file, and will not work to download to your media card. The zip file needs to have both the cod.files and the jad.file in it, and you "do not" need to email it to yourself. You just need to either find it posted with a theme, or ask the theme maker if he will email it to you. You can find a set of 83xx themes here that are in a zip.file that have all the files it them that you need.I hope this helps explain it a little better for you!
    Last edited by bill16; 10-22-2009 at 07:08 AM.

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    This has been posibLe since like 4.2 or earlier but yea just click on Any jad in media card and blackberry will act as if its downloading from web ofcoarse it will only work with all the. Necesary cod. Files but this doesn't really mean your themes will work from the media card Plus don't need no 3rd party app to make this work except to unzip but that can b done on the desktop

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Here is a little tip for everyone to help get the actual .jad or .cod files from the internet without the developer emailing the files to you.

FROM YOUR PC

1. Find the ota link you want and click it, your PC will ask to save the .jad file to your PC, Do so and remember where you saved it

Here is a example you can use:
    OTA

2. Right click the file your just downloaded and hit "open with" find notepad in the list.

3. Now in note pad find the .cod file names in the example given you will see them in red

"RIM-COD-SHA1-4: c0 30 d6 05 ef 9b 42 5d 9c d2 37 59 f4 84 0f cd d4 bf 28 98
    RIM-COD-SHA1-3: 62 32 f1 16 74 c3 45 7d 34 ce 78 7b 5a d9 21 60 6a 4c a9 4c
    RIM-COD-SHA1-2: 05 b4 09 43 df 44 ed 5e e4 ac 36 c3 46 a2 10 63 27 d6 0c 8b
    RIM-COD-SHA1-1: a4 fc c3 ec c0 ba 75 7c ae 6e 57 b3 9f ec ea a1 fd 2e 8a 96
    RIM-MIDlet-Flags-1: 195
    MIDlet-Jar-Size: 0
    MIDlet-Name: com_plazmic_theme_Modern_8900_Jscroll
    MIDlet-Jar-URL: com_plazmic_theme_Modern_8900_Jscroll.jar
    MicroEdition-Configuration: CLDC-1.0
    MIDlet-Description: Modern 8900 Theme
    RIM-MIDlet-Position-1: 0
    RIM-COD-URL-7: com_plazmic_theme_Modern_8900_Jscroll-7.cod
    RIM-COD-Module-Dependencies: net_rim_cldc
    RIM-COD-URL-6: com_plazmic_theme_Modern_8900_Jscroll-6.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-5: com_plazmic_theme_Modern_8900_Jscroll-5.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-4: com_plazmic_theme_Modern_8900_Jscroll-4.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-3: com_plazmic_theme_Modern_8900_Jscroll-3.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-2: com_plazmic_theme_Modern_8900_Jscroll-2.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-1: com_plazmic_theme_Modern_8900_Jscroll-1.cod
    RIM-COD-Size-7: 29756
    RIM-COD-Size-6: 50540
    RIM-COD-Size-5: 51584
    RIM-COD-Size-4: 46604
    RIM-COD-Size-3: 43224
    RIM-COD-Module-Name: com_plazmic_theme_Modern_8900_Jscroll
    RIM-COD-Size-2: 57576
    RIM-COD-Size-1: 56928
    RIM-COD-SHA1: 7a 7a 26 f0 6e 36 e2 9b 1f b6 9c b4 71 61 09 cb a5 b1 df 0f
    RIM-COD-Size: 42404
    MicroEdition-Profile: MIDP-1.0
    MIDlet-Vendor: JeffAllen8
    MIDlet-1: ,,
    RIM-COD-URL: com_plazmic_theme_Modern_8900_Jscroll.cod
    RIM-MIDlet-NameResourceId-1: 0
    Manifest-Version: 1.0
    MIDlet-Version: 1.2
    RIM-COD-SHA1-7: 97 44 89 ff 89 45 22 2a e8 4c 9e 9f c5 bf 4f f4 ce 47 e8 01
    RIM-MIDlet-NameResourceBundle-1:
    RIM-COD-SHA1-6: 83 4d df b4 80 66 e7 0e 2c ae 9f ab 6f 55 af 21 1d b1 8e 12
    RIM-COD-Creation-Time: 1257256758
    RIM-COD-SHA1-5: 68 88 57 f6 13 77 4b fd a9 e4 58 7f 82 5d 29 ba a7 77 6f 24"

These are the files that are downloaded when you click a OTA link.

4. Go back to page where you found the OTA link, Right click the link and click copy shortcut

5. In a new tab in your browser past the shortcut and change the last section to match the names highlighted in red

The example OTA link is:
    http://www.papamagsbbthemes.com/Jeffallen8/Themes/89xx%20Themes/Modern%208900%20detroit%20red%20wings/com_plazmic_theme_Modern_8900_Jscroll.cod

Change the last section to match the notepad .cod files and hit enter:
    http://www.papamagsbbthemes.com/Jeffallen8/Themes/89xx%20Themes/Modern%208900%20detroit%20red%20wings/com_plazmic_theme_Modern_8900_Jscroll.cod

http://www.papamagsbbthemes.com/Jeffallen8/Themes/89xx%20Themes/Modern%208900%20detroit%20red%20wings/com_plazmic_theme_Modern_8900_Jscroll-1.cod

http://www.papamagsbbthemes.com/Jeffallen8/Themes/89xx%20Themes/Modern%208900%20detroit%20red%20wings/com_plazmic_theme_Modern_8900_Jscroll-2.cod

and so on........
    Again save the files.

8. Once you have downloaded all the files put them into a folder and move them to your media card on your bb.

9. Now you can browse on your blackberry to the files and click the .jad file and install from your bb without internet connection
    Last edited by jeffallen8; 11-03-2009 at 11:40 AM.
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

PIN/ID
    sorry no
    Thank you both for this info!I'm sure some of it can be very handy to those like me, that have "no" computer to use.Unzipping files was the main reason I said the FileScout app was needed, and it was meant for those like me who don't have a computer to use!I now have high hopes that I can figure out how to use this new info, so that I can get the files needed without bothering the busy theme makers by asking for a special zip file! So thank you very much for this helpful info!

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Another method of getting the .cod files is using a PC application that I discovered a while ago... OTA Loader (from BlackBerry Software List . net)

Here's the link http://www.blackberrysoftwarelist.ne...px#OTAdownload

It essentially does what was described above; it gets the files for you though. So instead of having to decipher the .jad file, you copy the OTA link into the application, and hit "download". It then grabs all the relevant files (.jad and .cod) and dumps them into a folder (that you designate).

Copy that folder straight to your SD card, or zip them and then copy to your SD card... viola...
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB BOLD 9000 (on the shelf)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast