has anyone out there used this theme, i haven't officially recieved my bberry yet, but ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

killapril no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Macberry

Advertisement

has anyone out there used this theme, i haven't officially recieved my bberry yet, but i'm so excited just to get rid of my god-forsaken razr! i have a mac at home and i know i need to get pocketmac, can anyone give a review on the macberry theme and/ or advice on what else i should know/need/have for my blackberry and mac love connection

thanks, e muchas gracias

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Macberry

I use the mac theme and it's great, i give it a 9 out of a perfect 10.

I'll leave your other questions for the Stackers.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Have you noticed how it seems like every other person seems to have a Razor? i am sooo over those phones...... BB is the way to go.....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I had a razr.....used it for about 3 days, then EVERYONE had one! (especially when they were as low as $49 at Christmas '05 !!!)

As for your Mac and BB. Just install pocketmac first, there is a free download for that.

Then plug in your Berry and set it up. You will get options to sync with Apple apps (Address Book, iCal, Stickies, etc.), or Entourage. And each can be defined on its own.

Be warned! It's not as robust as with win-XP. There are no detailed field mappings or whatnot, but it does the job.

One thing I noticed is that if you have categories setup on the BB, these will be imported and sync'd as group in Apple Address Book.

And do not expect anything from BlueTooth! The BB does not come with any BT services for sync or file transfer. Just not there, and likely will never be. Compromises security, bla bla bla.

Other than that, expect the same ease and perfection which Mac is famous for.

rokr no está en línea Stack level 3

yea the macberry theme is awsome.. pocketmac is ok for syncing contacts and calendar stuff.. Unfortunately u cant back up ur bb on a mac or upload apps from ur mac to bb as per no Mac version of the java loader.. UNLESS u have a new intel mac then u can run windows thru bootcamp and eveything would be great..at the moment i have a dual 1.25 G4 tower for everything but use my wife's dell to backup and upload non OTA apps onto my BB. complete mac and bb compatibility is not here yet.. i dont kno what the hold up is.. what kind of mac u do u have killapril?
    Hello im a Mac...

boblincoln no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180B706

I can only speak from the Macberry theme side...I have it on my blackberry and a friend of mine that is a mac-addict saw my phone and thought it was the long awaited iphone. It's a very well done theme...but just a theme.

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

I have Mac theme from SLMAc download from pinstack all I can say is wow it the bomb for real get the SLmac version the best ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

I have Mac theme from SLMAc download from pinstack all I can say is wow it the bomb for real get the SLmac version the best ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by boblincoln
    I can only speak from the Macberry theme side...I have it on my blackberry and a friend of mine that is a mac-addict saw my phone and thought it was the long awaited iphone. It's a very well done theme...but just a theme.
    HA HA yea thats funny a buddy of mine saw it and thought it was the appleberry..he was like wtf.. but i broke the news gently..
    Hello im a Mac...

Quote Originally Posted by focuztorch
    what do u mean a different theme other than the Macberry one?
    Hello im a Mac...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

To clear concerns or questions up about the Original Macberry theme (MegaBit's) and the SLMac (mine) theme here is how it begins and ends.

Megabit has moved from the platform at the moment (i hope it's only temp) and no longer involves himself with things he was doing in the past (Macberry or themes). His site is near it's limit and i don't think he plans on expanding it. So what he has done is turn all his Macberry files over to me.

Here is a small portion (edited) of his note to me:

Hi Steve,

I'm giving you the entire series graphics archive and theme file. I've posted it on my web site and I'll leave it there for you (and you only) to download for the next 24 hours. I hope you know how to use Photoshop because that's where all the goodies reside for your modifications, etc.
    Let me know when you get the archive and I'll promptly remove it. (removed in April)

I was actually just considering shutting down the BlackBerry theme section on my site.
    I have actually moved off the BlackBerry platform for a few months now. The traffic from downloads has been averaging 9.5 GB per month since February.

One possible option is contacting the moderator at PinStack (Hayden)- he was looking to collect themes and have them available for download.

Best of luck- you're making hundreds of BB owners pretty happy every day!

Dale

I think the original theme by Megabit Rocks! and will always be first and BEST. What i did was take sub menu items (graphics) and resize them to the original 7100 file sizes and add color to the incoming call screen (graphics) and change the focus icon so it could be seen better against the background. I also made 6 additional themes with different backgrounds (all mac) to expand on MegaBits original concept. I did not use his icons b/c i had my own and they were the same other than the focus icon had solid black ^ where mine had the solid black ^ surrounded by the original berry clear graphics. He was and IS still the original but i have been given his permission to continue developing or maintaining what he started.
    I post this for those who are bummned by his dissapearance but in hope to keep those Mac fans happy knowing i will always try and keep his theme going forward.

So if you need his original after the site is down please ask i will post the theme for download. If you like the minor changes i made or did not notice the difference now you know the story behind the two.
    I was trusted to keep the MacBerry theme alive and i'm trying to do just that.................

I use only 3 themes out of the 1100+ i have. The MacBerry is one or SLMac i should say but it's all due to MegaBit.

Thanks needs to go out to MegaBit.

ps. MegaBit was the reason i joined Pinstack.

so touching.. :tear: thanks megabit for the amazing macberry
    Hello im a Mac...