I use Mac computers at home. I noticed the desktop software provided for BB is ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

urbangyrl no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Mac users with BB

Advertisement

I use Mac computers at home. I noticed the desktop software provided for BB is only windows compatible. Is there a desktop manager out there for the Mac platform? If not, does that mean Mac users will be unable to download themes on their Mac computers? Is there a known workaround?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Mac users with BB

Hi urban, welcome to pinstack. Good news is you can download themes directly from your BB browser. Tons can be found here... www.mobile41.com.

chris93372 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31D7C73C

PocketMac is the only way to sync a Mac to a BB. I have a 12" Powerbook and a 7130g, and that's the only way I can do it. I don't know about themes - I usually download them OTA.

Hi All,

I am so glad I found Pinstack. It is awesome. I also have a 12" Powerbook and I have the 8700g. I just found and downloaded v4.0 for Pocketmac. It allows you to install themes, but I just tried it and I don't see any of the themes I just loaded. I'm going to try the site cp6169 suggested.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

urbangyrl, Welcome to PinStack.

Don't forget to load the Plazmic Theme Reader Application when trying to install the themes. You can load them but without the Theme Reader, they will not show up in your Options/Themes List to be activated.
    Let us know how this goes for you.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

drjman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C49B7

The only thing about PM 4.0 for BB is that there is a known bug involving the tasks preference for the calendar (I think that's the buggy one)--just don't include it in your syncing preferences (don't check it). Mine crashed before I realized it and had to re-boot and do over. But everything else works like a charm.

Macs and bb's play so well together! Things are just seamless. I love the fact that PM for BB is free and that RIM fully promotes the product by having a download on their website. The sync process is so incredibly simpler and user-friendly that WM 5 or pocket pc and Outlook (although there's PM 3.0 also)--still haven't completely got my WM "smart" phone to sync 100% correctly.

I loaded the plazmic reader, but I was still unable to load any themes. I came to work this morning and loaded the BB desktop on my work PC and tried to install the themes again and it worked. Don't know why I was unable to do it Pcketmac v4.0.