I installed the Galactic Blue Theme and I got the JVM error,which caused my phone ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

rentalmaxbry no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb JVM error-galactic blue

Advertisement

I installed the Galactic Blue Theme and I got the JVM error,which caused my phone to continously reboot.I was so afraid that I had screwed up my Blackberry which is actually my company phone with over 1300 contacts.I went to the Blackberry desktop manager out of desperation and tried to restore my phone to the backup from the day before,IT WORKED! I will not be downloading anymore cool themes or ringtones as I do not wish to guinea pig anybody's work.I am posting this in the hope that it may help someone in my similiar situation.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: JVM error-galactic blue

Yea that happened to me Rental....(jvm error) kinda scary the first time it happens..... But now you know what to do incase it happens again....
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

rentalmaxbry no está en línea Stack level 1

I got you.Thanks

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

The error is often caused by the icons transpearancy. If you use a theme that does not have that type of icon you should be ok.

I'm glad you had a backup and were able to restore from that. Just another example of how important a backup can be.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Rental, I know if was very unnerving to me the first time that happened too. But as Suzzy said, once you have figured that it's not too difficult to correct, you'll be back to downloading in no time. To reiterate what SRL said, the three most important words in Blackberry - Backup, Backup, Backup. Glad things worked out.

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

That has happened to me about six times. All you have to do is open desk top manager go to the app loader and uncheck the theme. Once you complete the process it will remove it from the app loader and the BB.