Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by N8DBB You need to have the BlackBerry Operating System on your computer, ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

spiroh no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    You need to have the BlackBerry Operating System on your computer, that's where the blackberry.alx file is, not in the desktop manager.

If you have tmo, you can go to tmobile.com/bbupgrade and download it from there, or it MAY have come on the same CD as the DM, but not likely (in a few instances it did). Or just go to blackberry support and find your carrier and download the OS from them directly.
    Thanks for the quick response that did the trick!

td6o4 no está en línea Stack level 1
    how do you find out the vendor code for rogers

smartphish no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    Anyone feel kind enough to hold my hand and guide me thourough the process? I'd really appreciate it. I swear I'm not dumb!

Message me!

linexpert no está en línea Stack level 1
    if i've got a pearl will this stil work?

i can't find find the correct folder when i go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion

there are only three folders there; apploader,modem drivers, rimdevicemanager, usb drivers

please help me unlock more themes

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by linexpert
    if i've got a pearl will this stil work?

i can't find find the correct folder when i go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion

there are only three folders there; apploader,modem drivers, rimdevicemanager, usb drivers

please help me unlock more themes
    Have you installed the OS that is on your BB, on your PC. Until this is done there is no shared folder.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphish
    Anyone feel kind enough to hold my hand and guide me thourough the process? I'd really appreciate it. I swear I'm not dumb!

Message me!
    Smartphish -I'm sure you're not dumb ! Are you having any particular problems with the upgrade, or is it that you're not comfortable with fiddling round with this kind of thing? I'm in UK so walking you thru it would be difficult given the time zones.

Follow the instructions elsewhere on this post - it is quite straightforward and I did it without any problems. 2 things to remember:

1. You must have installed the OS on your PC. You need to download the app from one of the BB vendore sites (other posts have the addresses) and instal it -this is not the same as the standard instal from the CD you got with your BB.

2. You need to know the carrier code your phone has been programmed with. Go into Call Logs and then hold CTRL ALT and H down together. A new screen will pop up and you'll get a Vendor Code for your handset. It is this code that you need to use to replace the vendor codes in Blackberry.alx.

Good luck and let me know if you need any more help

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    2. You need to know the carrier code your phone has been programmed with. Go into Call Logs and then hold CTRL ALT and H down together. A new screen will pop up and you'll get a Vendor Code for your handset. It is this code that you need to use to replace the vendor codes in Blackberry.alx.
    For the Pearl, you will need to hold the ALT key while typing RACE instead of the CTRL+ALT+H. The latter is for qwerty devices only.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    For the Pearl, you will need to hold the ALT key while typing RACE instead of the CTRL+ALT+H. The latter is for qwerty devices only.

Rcbjr.
    Ah, didn't know that one! It took me a while and got the CTRL+Shift+H to work via Call Logs by accident...

linexpert no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Have you installed the OS that is on your BB, on your PC. Until this is done there is no shared folder.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    just installed the os

question: <fileset Colour="True" KeyboardType="Qwerty" Java="1.0" _vendorID="118|120|124|130|132|133|137|138|139|140 |143|148|152|153|161|166|167|168|176|188|192|193|1 94|195|196|197|198|199|200">

do i put in my vendor code for all of these or do i just add it?
    Last edited by linexpert; 12-29-2006 at 01:20 AM.

Re: How to Unlock all Hidden and vendor themes.

Quote Originally Posted by linexpert
    just installed the os

question: <fileset Colour="True" KeyboardType="Qwerty" Java="1.0" _vendorID="118|120|124|130|132|133|137|138|139|140 |143|148|152|153|161|166|167|168|176|188|192|193|1 94|195|196|197|198|199|200">

do i put in my vendor code for all of these or do i just add it?
    Hi Linexprt - this looks like the Vodafone theme. All I did was replace all those numbers with my own carrier number and it worked fine. Remember, you only need to change the ones relating to your handset number, and that there may be more than one line for your handset with a carrier number that might need to be changed; I seem to remember that some themes had a second line.

Good luck

jrtonite no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2038ec01

do you know where i could get an unbranded os download for my 8700?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jrtonite, There are no "unbranded" OS downloads. All the OS versions are created by RIM for the various carriers and are tested by the carriers to ensure proper compatibility with their individual networks.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

Ok, So I followed the steps on the first page and everything is working perfect.

However. what if I want to be picky and just pick and choose which themes I want installed? there are a couple of ones I don't particularly care for. I'm only interested in keeping two of them (02 Zen and 02 Today). Is there a way to know which ones you are selecting, I mean sure there is a heading that follows like so <!-- T-Mobile filesets --> or <!-- Cingular US filesets --> but they don't name each theme specifically.

Again I'm only interested in 02 Zen and 02 Today. any suggestions?

I'm with rogers, vendor number 107.

olivetwist no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EAED7E

y
    when you are editing the alx file there are headers that tell you which carrier themes are involved anything uner cingular fileset is for cingular and under o2 fileset is for o2. so if you want just the o2 themes then just change you vendor id for those under o2 fileset
    If Death calls it is OK, I have Caller ID.

kosherdill34 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB0172

Hello everyone,

I have been trying for days to do this, I have the Pearl and the other problem is I have a mac, I installed VPC but even with that it was still giving me problems, Does anyone have any other Ideas or can someone mabe hook me up with a unlocked version for Cingular. It would be greatly appreciated(cant spell this morning). I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast