Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243 LastLast

Originally Posted by qureshiz I am having the same trouble as Alison above. I am ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: How to Unlock all Hidden and vendor themes.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by qureshiz View Post
    I am having the same trouble as Alison above. I am using Vista and made the changes to the blackberry.alx file, but I am not able to save the changes. Vista keeps telling me that the file path is incorect and will not allow a save. I also tried to change the file name, but again I dont have permission.

What should I do? When I did this with my curve using Windows XP, I had no problems saving the changes.

Please help in how I can go about saving the changes and reloading the OS to unlock the themes...

Thanks to you all in advance!!!
    which OS are you trying to mod? i have found that those users out there with vista CAN use my modded file....but not sure i have one for EVERY OS released...so, which one?

qureshiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423E064

Well I just updated the 8100 with the newest TMO software (v4.2.1.107). Had no problem getting that to run after deleting the vendor.xml file.

I downloaded it again last night to unlock the vendor themes and went through the whole process of adding in my vendor codes. Like I said, for some reason Vista wont let me save the changes I made in Notepad.

All I want to do is re-load the new OS (v4.2.1.107) with the manipulated blackberry.alx file so that all my vendor themes are unlocked.

Can you help?

Thanks...

PIN/ID
    2423E064

Cherri, it doesnt even matter if the OS you have that is modded is an earlier version. This new version I installed has screwed up my ITAP and I prefer the old OS :-)

Thanks...

supersauce no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

i have an 8320 and when i try to save the notepad file as the alx it wont work. anyone know how i can save it as an alx and upload it?

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by qureshiz View Post
    I am having the same trouble as Alison above. I am using Vista and made the changes to the blackberry.alx file, but I am not able to save the changes. Vista keeps telling me that the file path is incorect and will not allow a save. I also tried to change the file name, but again I dont have permission.

What should I do? When I did this with my curve using Windows XP, I had no problems saving the changes.

Please help in how I can go about saving the changes and reloading the OS to unlock the themes...

Thanks to you all in advance!!!
    i am having the exact same problem im using vista as well... damn vista!!!!

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    which OS are you trying to mod? i have found that those users out there with vista CAN use my modded file....but not sure i have one for EVERY OS released...so, which one?
    do u have tmobile?

PIN/ID
    2423E064

I have no clue why VISTA wont let me save....its odd because I can do it on Wondows XP. Too bad I junked my Windows XP desktop...now Im stuck with damn VISTA :-(

I know Cherri is a master at this stuff...she actually helped me months back when I was doing the vendor theme unlock with my unlocked ATT Curve...That worked out real well.

xlaurx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2188633D

Question Re: How to Unlock all Hidden and vendor themes.

please please please help -

ok here is my story/issue- I had the 8300 Curve thru AT&T- finally got the bugs out of it, unlocked the vendor themes, had it set up perfectly ... it got stolen on Sat. -
    I just got the red 8310 to replace it.. I am having the same problems as many w/ the apploader telling me "the desktop software does not have BB device software for the device you connected.." AND then it says "no addtl apps designed for ur device were found" --- I think I am going to explode.. lol.. yes, its this serious. I think I just feel raped by having my first ripped from me and trying to be extorted for it.. anyhooo-

I have been trying to unlock the vendor themes desperately bc i CANNOT live w/ my Curve this way.. Grrr... nothing is working. I deleted the Vendor file. I unlocked on my 8300 with NO problems by going in, changing the vendor ID etc.. now it gives me an "XML Syntax error on line 211" (sorry Cherri) and another error box pops saying "no addt'l apps for ur device found".
    I really dk what to do?! Please help!! I am also having problems logging into my email settings...
    My co. uses Lotus Notes, we're on BES, my OS is XP and my carrier is AT&T

Thanks all! :cry:

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by xlaurx View Post
    please please please help -

ok here is my story/issue- I had the 8300 Curve thru AT&T- finally got the bugs out of it, unlocked the vendor themes, had it set up perfectly ... it got stolen on Sat. -
    I just got the red 8310 to replace it.. I am having the same problems as many w/ the apploader telling me "the desktop software does not have BB device software for the device you connected.." AND then it says "no addtl apps designed for ur device were found" --- I think I am going to explode.. lol.. yes, its this serious. I think I just feel raped by having my first ripped from me and trying to be extorted for it.. anyhooo-

I have been trying to unlock the vendor themes desperately bc i CANNOT live w/ my Curve this way.. Grrr... nothing is working. I deleted the Vendor file. I unlocked on my 8300 with NO problems by going in, changing the vendor ID etc.. now it gives me an "XML Syntax error on line 211" (sorry Cherri) and another error box pops saying "no addt'l apps for ur device found".
    I really dk what to do?! Please help!! I am also having problems logging into my email settings...
    My co. uses Lotus Notes, we're on BES, my OS is XP and my carrier is AT&T

Thanks all! :cry:
    Go the AT&T web site and download and install your phones o.s to your pc. After you install the handheld software on the pc it will allow for the Desktop manager to work proper.

josh.jude no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    josh.jude, Welcome also,

The blackberry.alx file should be in a folder with a Pathname similar to this one for the 8300.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8300-v4.2.2.XX_P2.4.0.YY.

Rcbjr

yes I have dl the correct os to the pc and deleted the vendor.xml file and the device file and still nothing I am so confused with this I thought that I knew something about technology till I got a bb needless to say my curve is jacked up right now
    Last edited by josh.jude; 11-02-2007 at 12:55 AM.

I Got It Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok here is an interesting request, can you get the fav 5 icons for a bb 8300 ATT version I got all of the themes now and wondering if you can get those icons for instant calls like tmobile????? and verizon themes can I get those????

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I don't think so. AT&T doesn't have that feature.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

trumanhw no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Show Off Your Curve's Wallpaper/Theme

I've replaced ALL the CC on my blackberry.alx file to "102" ... and the only themes that show are the ones that I had before I did it. I think the orange theme has the MOST intuitive icons I've seen so far... thus, less time to identify what I'm looking for.

I live in Los Angeles... :-) and given that its only 1/10 at best that you live in CA ... I doubt my luck will have you living in LA.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong... :-(

Also, is there such a thing as a text msg encryption program for BB? Can you run Secure email such as hushmail on them?

Thanks by the way... you're an awesomely dedicated mod, knowledgable, and pretty if thats you in the avatar. :-)
    Last edited by trumanhw; 11-11-2007 at 06:40 AM. Reason: wrong thread.

trumanhw no está en línea Stack level 1

In fact... I'd paypal you a few bucks if I may send you the blackberry.alx file, and if you're fixing it makes it work... if thats my only problem. My AIM name is TrumanHWLA ...