Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

First time posting. I have used this thread successfully to unlock vendor themes on Blackberry ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

sbsh no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How to Unlock all Hidden and vendor themes.

Advertisement

First time posting. I have used this thread successfully to unlock vendor themes on Blackberry Pearl previously. Just had to purchase a new Blackberry Pearl - an unlocked device, running OS 4.2.1.101 - and it doesn't display any vendor themes at all. Currently using O2 sim card (but have also had Vodafone sim). Can anyone help me access the vedor themes - particularly the new Vodafone Today?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Have you deleted vendor.xml file and edited the blackberry.alx to add the vendor code of the pearl? What was the original carrier for the Pearl?

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

my vendor code is 102. is it possibele to load all vendor codes? i want to have a wide variety of themes on my curve?
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You just have to put 102 in the list of vendor codes for every theme that fits your BB

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Have you deleted vendor.xml file and edited the blackberry.alx to add the vendor code of the pearl? What was the original carrier for the Pearl?

Rcbjr
    Yes, I deleted the vendor.xml. However, the Pearl is generic unit - no original vendor. However, found thread in discussion on new OS for Pearl which suggested deleting the vendor ID tag altogether. This worked and have unlocked all vendor themes.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I was under the impression that all blackberry devices had a vendor I'd, even the RIM internal devices. You don't see an entry for vendor code when you press ALT + EACE?

Rcbjr

magik no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

I recently bought BB pearl from AT&T and now i would like to add T-Mobile themes.. i tried the method which u mentioned in the first Page but i am not sure where i need change the vendor code can u pls help me.......

Jst tell me where i should add the T-mobile vendor code in BB.alx file.

Thks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    I was under the impression that all blackberry devices had a vendor I'd, even the RIM internal devices. You don't see an entry for vendor code when you press ALT + EACE?

Rcbjr
    Not sure where to type this to access vendor code, but found an edited Blackberry.alx in the forum on OS 4.2.1.101 which just deleted reference to the vendor ID and therefore downloaded all themes.
    (I can't post link here as I don't have permission)

While trying to change to various vendor codes did not work - deleting the whole "vendorID_xxx" at the end of the line did.

PS - Pearl bought at Carphone Warehouse in UK

kewz365 no está en línea Stack level 1

i followed all the steps I am just lost in the final step when you upload the stuff... how do i go about doing that. I have changed all the codes in vendors and saved them how do i upload them now?

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

kewz, welcome to the stacks!

You have to install the OS now that you have edited the blackberry.xml file. be sure to delete the vendor file as noted above.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by magik
    Hi,

I recently bought BB pearl from AT&T and now i would like to add T-Mobile themes.. i tried the method which u mentioned in the first Page but i am not sure where i need change the vendor code can u pls help me.......

Jst tell me where i should add the T-mobile vendor code in BB.alx file.

Thks in advance.
    magik, you have to go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-v..... Once there you have to open the file using text edit or word pad. Next you will want to scroll down until you see the text about themes, similar to the red text on the first post to this thread. Then, since you are using an AT&T Pearl, you will want to add the AT&T vendor code (102) to any theme you want to unlock.

Good luck and let us know if you need any more help.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

catcraig no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

I deleted the vendor.xml file in AppLoader.

I took a look at the BlackBerry.alx file and noticed that it doesn't have vendorID codes in it anywhere. The code is different.

This is what it has for AT&T themes:
    <!-- AT&T US filesets -->
    <fileset Colour="True" Java="1.0" series="8800">
    <files>
    net_rim_theme_102a_icon_320x240_b.cod
    </files>
    </fileset>

There's no code with vendorID in it.

I tried making a few changes (adding the code "_vendorID="102"" on a few lines) but when I went to the Application Loader to add the new bb.alx file I got the message:

"No additional applications designed for your device were found"

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Did that blackberry.alx file come with the installation or did you get from somewhere else to install the vendor themes? Normally if you delete the vender id for a given theme, it will load that theme.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

catcraig no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

As far as I know, the .alx file was loaded when I installed the OS.

The theme section in the .alx file looks very different than the one in the other examples. I wish I knew why it's so different.

antoniomj no está en línea Stack level 1

For the tmo stackers

http://www.personal.psu.edu/amj5072/BlackBerry.alx

Thats the file I used and i think I got all the themes. I have T Mobile. Try it. If it doesnt work PIN me.

23E35224

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-v4.2.0.64_P2.2.0.37

Go to the above folder and replace the file blackberry.alx with the one linked above. After replacing the file connect your pearl to the comp and run the APPLICATION LOADER. You will have to do this every time you load a new app with the application loader so save a copy of this somewhere outside of the blackberry folder.

Remember I got Tmobile.

I don't think that I can post links so be sure to respect the case sensitivity. Best bet, copy and paste. If the link does work just save the target.
    Last edited by antoniomj; 08-26-2007 at 07:47 PM.