Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Aight so im a noob read through most of this thread...Quick question......Do i change the ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

atlzdynasty no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: How to Unlock all Hidden and vendor themes.

Advertisement

Aight so im a noob read through most of this thread...Quick question......Do i change the vendor code for all filesets or only those that say series 8100???.......I have cingular so I would replace with 102 correct?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You can Change any that have 240x260 also. And yes Cingular/AT&T is 102.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

series 8100 only and if the vendor code you found is for cingy, then 102 is correct!
    let us know how it goes!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

atlzdynasty no está en línea Stack level 2

One more question....for vodafone there is a bunch of version id's do i delete them all and just put 102 there?...thanks alot for the help

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by atlzdynasty
    One more question....for vodafone there is a bunch of version id's do i delete them all and just put 102 there?...thanks alot for the help
    You don't have to delete them, you can just add your vendor code to the rest of them.
    Your method also works though.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Hello everyone- So far I love this board. I am trying to get some clarification of a few things please.

1. I read through almost the entire thread here. I'm lost because I downloaded some blackberry.alx file I found on here somewhere since I don't have one on my computer. It does not have any spot for vendor codes that I saw.

2. I already have the most recent software on my phone so why would I run the upgrade for it?

3. Why can't someone just put up the "blackberry.alx" files for each of the carriers so that we can all have a universal file to load onto our phones?

4. I am on Sprint and have a 8703e BB. My software on my phone says: v4.1.0.359 and my vendor code is 104.

Any and all assistance will be very much appreciated.

TIA

-Bob
    Attached Files Attached Files

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

OK so I loaded the OS onto my computer and found the blackberry.alx file. It will not load with the App Loader.

When I select "Add" it then it tells me that "No additional applications for your device were found."

What do I need to do?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Was the pa you loaded the one from your carrier? If not you need to delete the vendor.xml file from the C://program files/common files/RIM/apps loader directory or some similar pathname but being in the prog files/common files and the apps loader subdirectory.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

amandarust no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2447fd7b
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1
    OK so I loaded the OS onto my computer and found the blackberry.alx file. It will not load with the App Loader.

When I select "Add" it then it tells me that "No additional applications for your device were found."

What do I need to do?

~~~~

I just went threw that whole thing with my Blackberry 7100i a mnth or so ago.. I had the same problem! I can only speak this about my phone but I guess it would probably be the same for all phones...

You don't even have to do it threw adding it to the App Loader.. Just make sure your phone is conected to the Blackberry desktop, then click the app you downloaded <the OS> and go threw the directions and it Automaticly goes on your phone, I had to do it twice and then I reset my phone <take the battery out with the phone on, then hold the power button for 30 seconds> and it was on there! You can make sure it's on there by going to your phones Options and then find your Application list and it should say somthing like, Blackberry 4.1 Sofware.

I'm not really sure what all it changes but the 1 thing I really wanted was to be able to have real songs <not just the music to it!> and now I'm lovin it!! Here's a site I like that's free..
    http://www.mobile41.com/wav.htm

<3 hope this helps! <3

officer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244a6afa

i would love to see the tim zen for an 8700
    Buck!!!
    Always somewhere else

sstephanie40 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~big big thank you to hondayguy900. Tonight I successfully put the insight icon theme back onto my 8700g that I had u/g to 4.2 over tje weekend. The theme I had came from a 7100 and was only 2/3 the screen size. I used the files from the old 4.1 os and then tweaked his .alx txt file to suit. I am not a techie by anymeans and it worked first time! I am so pleased! Thanks again. Sxx

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

do you need a PC to do this?
    I would like to do it but don't own a PC and I assume you need one to do so.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Yes, so far you need a PC, in less the newer sync/loader software packages for the MAC can handle OS installations.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

dlswhsjp01 no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm using an 8700g i bought on ebay on Cingular's network. Is there any way to switch to the Cingular Software or is it an entirely different OS?

ehadden no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B84624
    After contemplating for a while now, I went ahead and unlocked vendor themes. I have done it with out a glitch. Just wanted to thank all the stackers who contributed to this thread. I researched for a while before I did it and it paid off. Thanks Stackers