Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Can anyone tell me where i can get the O/S download for Orange UK i ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

Bigberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: How to Unlock all Hidden and vendor themes.

Advertisement

Can anyone tell me where i can get the O/S download for Orange UK i have read and re-read this thread i think i'm going mad.

My BB is an 8700f

Any help would be appreciated.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Bigberry, Welcome to PinStack.

I don't know what the link to the Orange UK RIM Download Site is, but I do know that one exists. About a year ago, I downloaded the 8700 Orange UK OS. You might log in to your Orange UK website and see if they don't have a link to the OS. I know that Cingular here in the US has a link, but you need to be logged in to find it.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

bigberry welcome to pinstack!

did you try this thread?
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...y_carrier.html

PIN/ID

Thanks for the replies, the list of carriers only includes Orange hong kong, i have looked all over the orange uk web site but there is nothing.

If anybody has any info i would be sooooooooooo happy.

All that aside, it's a great site i have learnt so much in a short time on here.

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3

Bigberry - I dont think it matters which vendor site you get the OS from as they're not carrier specific. Any one of them will do - I'm using the Telefonica (Spain) OS. I've tried searching and have gotten nowhere - you could call them.... at least a half hour on hold required!

BTW: entertaining football last Saturday! Just a Liverpool fan with something to be pleased about - for once!

PIN/ID

Thanks for that Mutley i'll give it a go, i'm glad we gave you something to smile about - for some reason i wasn't as happy as you, now why would that be:cry:

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I finally got my 8100 Pearl from T-Mo. OS 4.2.0.43 (Platform 2.2.0.28) and am totally confused about how to unlock the hidden themes. I have read the instructions but they are still confusing. Help??

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Congratulations on getting your new Pearl Erica. What problems are you having? I'll try to help.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

techytom no está en línea Stack level 2

Jumping in here, Rcbjr, I ALSO have an 8100 Pearl from T-Mo., but with OS 4.2.0.42 (Platform 2.2.0.28), and I had my phone unlocked so I could use it on Edge Wireless, the only GSM carrier in my area.

Do I have access to all the themes, now that the phone is unlocked, or do I also need to follow the procedure in this thread? I must admit to being confused here.

Thank you!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

techytom - the only thing the unlocking did was allow you to use almost any carrier as a provider. You will still need to do all of the above.

hf1khal no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by techytom
    Jumping in here, Rcbjr, I ALSO have an 8100 Pearl from T-Mo., but with OS 4.2.0.42 (Platform 2.2.0.28), and I had my phone unlocked so I could use it on Edge Wireless, the only GSM carrier in my area.

Do I have access to all the themes, now that the phone is unlocked, or do I also need to follow the procedure in this thread? I must admit to being confused here.

Thank you!
    No you do not have them, you would need to follow the instructions given to get the other themes.

jthiemeyer no está en línea Stack level 1

After 3 days of reading half the instructions here and getting ahead of myself and ending up confused, I finally sat down and read them all the way through and boy was it easy to do once I read them. As others have said, the vodaphone theme is sweet and the way it serperates SMS and email is exactly what I have been looking for!!! Thanks everyone!!!

techytom no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by hf1khal
    No you do not have them, you would need to follow the instructions given to get the other themes.
    So do I try to unlock the original Tmobile themes (100), or the Edge Wireless themes (I don't even think they have any -- this is a really tiny carrier).

hf1khal no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by techytom
    So do I try to unlock the original Tmobile themes (100), or the Edge Wireless themes (I don't even think they have any -- this is a really tiny carrier).
    Unlocking themes means seeing all other providers themes for that device. So if your provider never offered it then you will most likely never see a theme.

mutemiller no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E918C3

so maybe im just missing something obvious but when im following the steps i can get as far as C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\ but do no see a shared folder or anything beyond that point. in the rim folder there are 4 other folders, AppLoader, Modem Drivers, RIMDeviceManager, and USB drivers. Why am I not finding a shared folder and the subsequent files that I need for editing? Any and all help greatly appreciated to get to this step:Shared\Loader Files\8700-v4.1.0.286_P2.0.0.123 Thanks!