Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by kosherdill34 Hello everyone, I have been trying for days to do this, ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: How to Unlock all Hidden and vendor themes.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by kosherdill34
    Hello everyone,

I have been trying for days to do this, I have the Pearl and the other problem is I have a mac, I installed VPC but even with that it was still giving me problems, Does anyone have any other Ideas or can someone mabe hook me up with a unlocked version for Cingular. It would be greatly appreciated(cant spell this morning). I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks
    Hi Kosher,

I'd be happy to help you, I just need to know what OS version you're running on your pearl right now... is it 4.2.0.88 or 4.2.0.84?

PM me and let me know and I'll d/l the appropriate file and send you the .alx that's unlocked.

Jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

kosherdill34 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB0172

Thanks, But it is wired as it syasv 4.2.0.69 and I thoguht Cingular had the new version and now that I have a mac I dont think I will be able to update it, so if you have any thoughts please shoot them my way. I love Mac but I hate the fact that programers just cant handle them..LOL

Let me know what you can do or if there is away to get the new ver for my BB pearl

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Cingular does have .69 and .71 The Download Packages were .84 and .88 respectively. And you have to be able to activate these using the Desktop Manager or if it allows it PocketMac.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

kosherdill34 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB0172

Yeah it does however When I try to add the .exe file with PM 4 it wont let me select the file, so now I am back to square one. (pulling my hair out). Sometimes I ask myself if Mac is worth it..LOL it is. So is there any other options to get the upgrade or unlock themes.

gixxer frog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6E3C3

i cant find my shared folder.... i installed the blackberry device manager on my puter, but i just dont see the shared folder.

PIN/ID
    23E6E3C3

well i finally got my shared folder on my puter... i opened up the blackberry.alx file and i dont see anything saying tmo - tmobile for themes.???

PIN/ID
    23E6E3C3

ok after searching n what not, i finally got it... but i only added like 3 or 4 more themes... is that all there is? i got a cingular theme and some others.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

There should be some for TMO, It is problably the one that has the most vendor codes. I found several in mine. They are under t-mobile.
    Sorry
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    23E6E3C3

i have tmobile as my provider... i like their theme the best... o well, im sure there will b more themes in a few months?!!?!?!?!

iamsteelio no está en línea Stack level 2

Worked like a charm. The Vodafone theme is smooth

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Vodafone is nice, same with the verizon theme...

thanks!

RamshakleZ no está en línea Stack level 1

So... I bought my phone (8100 Pearl) at T-Mobile (Vendor code = 100) but now use it on Cingular (vendor code = 102). Whenever I tried this using vendor code 102, it didn't work. Even though I am using a Cingular SIM card, the phone is hard coded with vendor code 100. Using vendor code 100 works like a charm.

My question... so, I now know that I MUST use vendor code 100... but whose software should I use? I tried this by using Cingular's software but vendor code 100 for T-Mobile and it seems to be working okay. Is it better for me to be using T-Mobile's software? Or, is there no difference?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

There really isn't a difference in which OS you use. As you are using an unlocked TMO BB on Cingular, they really aren't going to support you that much so it doesn't make any difference. Use the latest OS.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

RamshakleZ no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    There really isn't a difference in which OS you use. As you are using an unlocked TMO BB on Cingular, they really aren't going to support you that much so it doesn't make any difference. Use the latest OS.

Rcbjr.
    But, if I were using a locked phone (I'm going to do this for a friend on his T-Mobile Pearl that is still locked to T-Mo), then I should definately use the T-Mo OS - even though Cingular's OS is a later rev?

Mhaddy no está en línea Stack level 2

I haven't read through all of the posts, but just in case anyone is looking for the Rogers BB Pearl Vendor Code, mine is 107. Cheers!

Edit

Unfortunately I'm having some trouble too. I'm on Rogers Canada and edited my BlackBerry.alx file and added "107" (w/o quotes) to all 8100 strings within that list (by adding a pipe separator "|" followed by 107), deleted the Vendor.xml file, and the upgrade process is hanging on the final "waiting for device initialization" step (I just have a spinning hour glass on my Pearl). Any suggestions?

Now the phone is stuck with the spinning hour glass -- this is NOT good . Please help!
    Last edited by Mhaddy; 01-15-2007 at 11:49 PM.

Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast