Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

By the way I have 4.1.x.x. OS but don't know how to check how much ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

kshagagi no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Themes: How To Find, Download, Install And Activate

Advertisement

By the way I have 4.1.x.x. OS but don't know how to check how much mem I have. Any help would be appreciated...

i downloaded it from this site.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

kshagagi, welcome to PinStack,

I'm betting you are on a BES, am I right? What that usually means is that your IT Policy requires any App that you are trying to install has a valid digital signature. As the Plazmic Theme Reader is generated by the users of the Theme Builder each time a theme is exported, it will not have a digital signature.

This sig, is something that RIM provides to approved application developers. I assume it is to insure that those developers have testing procedures in place to insure the apps don't negatively impact the Network.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    Last edited by Rcbjr; 10-29-2006 at 12:08 AM.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thank you for your feedbabck. You are probably right. What does BIS stand for anyways?

I also wanted a pic viewer for my 8700 so I can show off my son. I tried the Ascendo SW and it gives the same error response. Do you know of any picture viewer that won't give trouble installing and therefore using?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

kshagagi, That should have been BES, not BIS. BIS is the Blackberry Internet Service, for personal use. BES is Blackberry Enterprise Service, for corporate use with the Company Email System. I assumed from what your indicaitons were that your BB is connected to your company BES.
    If this is the case, I don't know which 3rd Party Apps would have valid Digital Signatures.

Sorry.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

jdmorales no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204CAB1E

Re: How to on Installing Blackberry themes

i have a 7130g, i have done absolutely every step i can read throughout the threads. installed plazmic reader, located themes in advanced options, set them all to allow, followed up with a hard reset (whipped out the battery, smacked the hell out of it while waiting 10 seconds....well no i didnt really smack it, but its getting to that point) put the battery back in, waited a minute longer for it to load, went themes menu, and still not a single theme was installed, can anyone pls help me?

PIN/ID
    204CAB1E

i have a 7130g, i have done absolutely every step i can read throughout the threads. installed plazmic reader, located themes in advanced options, set them all to allow, followed up with a hard reset (whipped out the battery, smacked the hell out of it while waiting 10 seconds....well no i didnt really smack it, but its getting to that point) put the battery back in, waited a minute longer for it to load, went themes menu, and still not a single theme was installed, can anyone pls help me?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jdmorales,

Try this, Go to Options/Security Options/Application Permissions. Do you see the theme listed there? Pick one and Open the Menu, Expand each of the listings and record what each says, What are the settings for all of them.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

jdmorales

Check Out this Post for some troubleshooting questions. Let's keep this same question to just one thread, please.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by jdmorales
    jdmorales,

Any chance you are on BES? or have more than 10 themes already installed on your device?

If so this can make a difference and also effects the advice you will get while asking for any assistance.

I ask b/c themes should work on your phone and i'm sure a solution can be found.

PIN/ID
    204CAB1E

Rcjbr, i just tried that, went to my sec. options found the theme, expanded it, all is set to allow but still no go. i thank u for ur help. do u have any more suggestions?

PIN/ID
    204CAB1E

BB Themes Guru,

i am a newbie with blackberries. Although if u mean if im on the enterprise server, no im not. just a regular person, tryin to look professional, hehe, well not really, i get a lot of use out of my BB. its just i cant get a single d/l theme onto my phone. ive tried numerous themes, and deleted them all when they dont work. Although, i remember, trying to sign into the BES when i first recieved my phone, not thinking of what it was, would that have screwed anything up? cuz i dont remember what happened after i tried to log in...

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

How did you install the themes? OTA or using Desktop Manager?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Bowale no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    202B23DD

i still have problems upgrading my 7100 t-mobile OS to 4.1. anyone with a helping hand???? posted on pinstack some couple of days back but.....still dont work

thank you

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by jdmorales
    BB Themes Guru,

i am a newbie with blackberries. Although if u mean if im on the enterprise server, no im not. just a regular person, tryin to look professional, hehe, well not really, i get a lot of use out of my BB. its just i cant get a single d/l theme onto my phone. ive tried numerous themes, and deleted them all when they dont work. Although, i remember, trying to sign into the BES when i first recieved my phone, not thinking of what it was, would that have screwed anything up? cuz i dont remember what happened after i tried to log in...
    How about we start fresh?
    Try this?

1. Point your bb browser to this link and click on it to download the theme ota (over-the-air) http://www.mobile41.com/71xx%20Theme...me_SLGreen.jad

2 AFTER the theme is installed go back to this link and install the ota theme reader file. http://www.mobile41.com/71xx%20Theme...eme_reader.jad

3 When the theme reader file download is complete you will be prompted to re-boot your device (do that)

4 when the phone is back up navigate to your options icon select theme(s) and look for the new theme named (green)

5 select that theme and select activate.

6 exit out of all current screens and i hope you see your new green theme?

7 I know green sucks? but it'a an example theme to try. Point is if this theme works and this method works we can focus on your idea theme.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast