Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

hey guys... any ideas?(see above)... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

abonter4 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CFDB7

Re: Themes: How To Find, Download, Install And Activate

Advertisement

hey guys... any ideas?(see above)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

device manager should be part of the desktop manager download and loaded on to your PC.

T2
    T2 no está en línea Stack level 1

h iguys can anyone help me well ive a blackberry 7130g with me it says the os is 4.1.0.317 ive a filemanager 4.1 and when i try to install themes it shows that themes r installed , in phone they appear in applications but dont appear in themes ive aloowed their permission module but still no effect , and yeah i cant see the softwares and default themes installe din the phone in the filemanager too , im just fed up of all this stuff trying again and again if anyoen can help iw ud be very grateful thanks

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by T2
    h iguys can anyone help me well ive a blackberry 7130g with me it says the os is 4.1.0.317 ive a filemanager 4.1 and when i try to install themes it shows that themes r installed , in phone they appear in applications but dont appear in themes ive aloowed their permission module but still no effect , and yeah i cant see the softwares and default themes installe din the phone in the filemanager too , im just fed up of all this stuff trying again and again if anyoen can help iw ud be very grateful thanks
    Hi,

Two things come to mind to try or look at.

1. Did you also install the theme reader file? if not install that file too.
    2. How many total themes do you have installed? If more than 10 remove one or two and see if the new theme shows up. Each phone can only store so many themes at one time.

hope this helps?

abonter4 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CFDB7

thanks a lot for the info!

homeboyent no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20322F59

hi i did the entire procedure to get the themes on the phone but when i go to options>applications and i select the theme i do not see anything to change the theme so i can work. the list that appears is hide menu, properties, delete,modules,close
    what must i now do to install the themes?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

this is cut/pasted from the first OP.
    HOW DO I ACTIVATE MY THEME?:

Well, when your BB reboots, go to Options>Themes...See your themes there? YAY!!! All you have to do is scroll down and click your trackwheel and choose activate...TADA! Your new theme is active!

But wait, what if you go to your themes and it's not there? Well, sorry to tell you but you messed up somewhere along the line and you just have to keep going until you get it right... Ha..Not really...Just messing with you again...

Ok, you've loaded your themes but they don't appear in the "Themes" section under your options (Which is typical for the 71XX series Blackberry). Here is what you need to do. Go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications. When you open the advanced options, you are going to see a list of every one you have loaded onto your BB. What you are going to be looking for is something that is labeled either the name of the theme(s) you loaded (Eg: Superman, Simpsons, etc), or something that looks like: plasmic_com.....04.15.2006.3423...Something similar. Not that exact writing, because they will vary by theme.

Found it? Good. Now scroll down to it and click your trackwheel. A menu will come up. Scroll to "Edit Permissions". See that one that is set at "Custom" and the other 2 at Allow? We need to change that. So scroll to where it says "Custom" (probably under Interactions), click your trackwheel, and change it to allow. Now SAVE your settings! Exit back out to the main menu. Now reset your Blackberry by doing a hard reset. This can be achieved by taking the battery out for 3 seconds and putting it back in. Your Blackberry will now reboot.

Once it has finished rebooting, go to Options>Themes...And there they are! WOO HOO! You're new theme(s) are ready to use! Activate them and enjoy!

PIN/ID
    20322F59

yes i know but i do not see edit permissions nowhere in any menu.
    i followed the instuctions to the dot.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

what device are you using? what theme are you trying to download? what os are you using?
    do you have the ptr installed?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    20322F59

i'm using 7100g on the 4.2 software, it is a cou[ple of themes but for now the superman theme. i have ptr installed.

PIN/ID
    20322F59

sorry i'm using 4.00 software
    how do i upgrade?

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by homeboyent
    sorry i'm using 4.00 software
    how do i upgrade?
    try this link for guides!
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html
    Let us know how it goes..

PIN/ID
    20322F59

i've upgraded but still have the same problem i mentioned with themes.

JAGBERRY no está en línea Stack level 1

If your theme dosen't show or work just right after you install it from the PC software desktop manager to your phone that the red light come on take out the battery (make sure the back is off cause you have to be quick taking it out) wait for like 10 sec and them put it back in wait until it loads go to your themes it should be there. make sure not to have iBB or plazmic theme reader in your phone if you see it in your options-advance-application delete them. It worked with me.. iphone v1 & Zen, ferrari, bubble blue, iron stone, etc..

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Theme install help.

OTA (over-the-air)

The OTA install method is easy and fast and requires no PC or USB cables. You should use the Internet browser on your BlackBerry (not the WAP browser) to navigate to the web page containing the link for the installation. For this site Pinstacks

87xx ota theme downloads

71xx Over-The-Air Theme Downloads

8100/Pearl OTA Themes

You can type this into the browser on your device or paste it into an email you send to yourself and launch it from the email message. Select and click on the theme's name, then use the Get Link option from the pop-up menu. The next screen will prompt you to download the file or cancel. Some information about the file is also displayed. Select Download and the process will begin. On EDGE and EVDO networks, the download should take less than one minute. Upon completion, you will be prompted to reboot the device.
    If this is your first time installing a theme via OTA, I recommend you download the theme file first, do NOT reboot, then download the Theme Reader (same web page) and then reboot. After that you'll be ready to use the new theme.
    Note: 8100/Pearl device does NOT need the theme reader file.

Install using your desktop manager.

1. Download the zip file to your PC:
    2. Unzip the file to a folder (name the folder).
    3. Connect your Blackberry to your computer.
    4. Open up Desktop Manager –> Application Loader –> Add.
    5. Find the file called “ThemeName.alx” and click “OK”.
    6. Find the file called "Plazmic_Theme_reader.alx" and click "ok".

Note: 8100/Pearl users omit step 6 above. The theme reader is NOT needed.
    After the installation finishes, you can now change your themes by going to Options (wrench icon) –> Theme.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...30_themes.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rl_themes.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...00_themes.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...00_themes.html

Notes:
    Icons from any third party vendors will show as they normally do, without transparency.
    If you have already installed themes using plazmic_theme_reader.alx file in the past no need to re-load that file over again.
    Additionally after installing themes keep the theme folder in the same place or the desktop manager will produce a message saying it can't find any additional applications to install in the future if you attempt to install additional themes.

Phones do have memory limits, you may not be able to keep a never ending list of themes installed. If you find that a theme does not show up look at how many themes you have installed and consider removing one to make room for the newly install theme.

Hope this helps?
    Last edited by srl7741; 04-11-2007 at 06:03 PM.