Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

I already tried installing that Cingular handheld software after I got the icon problem. Just ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

Nice no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Themes: How To Find, Download, Install And Activate

Advertisement

I already tried installing that Cingular handheld software after I got the icon problem. Just downloaded again, it asked if I wanted to repair or remove. I removed. Pulled battery on BB. Hooked back up, installed software again. Nothing changed with the icons .

Maybe is there an older handheld software somewhere that I could install? I found a backup I made of an older 7290 I used to have, and restored that. It brought in some settings but did nothing to the icons.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I believe that you might have needed to select repair, but am not sure. Are you sure that the themes you downloaded are not still checked for installation on your BB in Apps Loader? Have you deleted them from your PC? If all this still hasn't corrected the problem, then I am at a loss as to where to go from here. Only thing I can suggest is a complete wipe using JL_Cmder. Then reload again.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

8604life no está en línea Stack level 1

LOADING THEMES, STEP 1:

Most themes that are now being created require you to be running the 4.1 operating system in order to work. Don't know what version of the operating system you have on your phone? Do this.

From the homescreen, click on options and scroll up to about. Click your trackwheel and you will see the information on your phone.
    What Home Screen am I looking at, (my phone??) if so I click option but i dont see "about" anywhere

cuteboi no está en línea Stack level 1

Thx for this bro. U rock

Nice no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    I believe that you might have needed to select repair, but am not sure. Are you sure that the themes you downloaded are not still checked for installation on your BB in Apps Loader? Have you deleted them from your PC? If all this still hasn't corrected the problem, then I am at a loss as to where to go from here. Only thing I can suggest is a complete wipe using JL_Cmdr. Then reload again.
    Ok so ALL the themese are unchecked in Apps Loader. I did a wipe with JL_Cmdr then did a repair install of Cingular's 4.1 handheld software. Came back up, wiped.. with all the super-old icons.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

8604life, What home screen do you use? When we mention home screen it is usually the home screen on the BB, It's the one with all the icons on it. Is that your browser home screen you show?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Nice, I've run out of suggestions.

Sorry
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

komomaster no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: Themes: How To Find, Download, Install And Activate

hey i followed the steps to load themes on my pearl but it didnt work. i got up to the part where i go to options>advanced options>applications and from there nothing worked. is it because the themes are for the 71XX series and not for the pearl?

Brick13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Themes: How To Find, Download, Install And Activate

Gooday, I have a newbie question. I have read through most of the messages to understanding all the required steps for loading themes, so thought I had everything covered. On my 7100g (enterprise server based) I have updated the firmware to 4.1, and downloaded the reader.

When I loaded the themes I got the "digital signature" error message. I can see the themes listed under the applications but when I try to change the permissions, I cannot. I have expanded the list junder interactions and have noted that Theme Data is set to allow. Are the other entries under interactions also required to be set to allow, or am I just caught up in our corporate security policies and will not be able to activate the themes?

Thanks.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I believe you are caught in the Corporate security policy problem.
    Have you tried a cold reboot and going to Options/Themes and activating one?

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by komomaster
    hey i followed the steps to load themes on my pearl but it didnt work. i got up to the part where i go to options>advanced options>applications and from there nothing worked. is it because the themes are for the 71XX series and not for the pearl?
    Hi,

I really hate to post this answer. 7100, 7200, 7500 8700 themes do NOT work on the Pearl (8100). There are no 3rd party after market themes available for the Pearl at this time.

Also see: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rl_8100_a.html

sorry.

tcannatelli no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Themes: How To Find, Download, Install And Activate

Hi N8, I followed all of your steps to downloading and installing the themes, but I still can't get the themes to work. I have a 7130e and I'm running version 4.1.0.268. I downloaded the themes along with the plazmic theme reader, but none of the themes made it into my theme folder.

So I went to the Applications folder and found each of the themes, but when I try to edit the permissions my device won't let me change the "Interactions" from Custom to Allow on any of the themes I've downloaded. When I click on Custom, I scoll up to Allow and select it but it stays on Custom. Custom is also in bold.

Do you have any idea how to fix this? I've tried a hard reboot and I still can't change the option. Any help? Thanks!!!

divaplatinum no está en línea Stack level 1

hello, i have done everything youve said and i still cant get the themes on my 7100i. i dont know what else to do and im getting very aggravated. please help me. the themes are on my desktop and saved in a file but i cant get them to my 7100i. when i go to the desktop manager and try to add the file or open it it wont let me. let me know what i can do please thank you. divaplatinum2@yahoo.com or divaplatinum2@sprint.blackberry.net

julieanne09 no está en línea Stack level 1

I tried to dl a couple of themes yesterday and got a strange error. When I had desktop mgr open I unzipped the files correctly and "added" them to app loader etc. But when I took the next step in app loader, I got a "fatal error." Never even made it to trying to load them to the phone. What could be wrong? I did a hard reset, I deleted them and tried again - no worky.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

divaplatinum, Welcome to PinStack.

Do you have the Current OS for your BB installed on your PC? This is the primary cause of not being able to add apps to your BB. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer