Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

I am having the same problem as someone earlier in the thread. I have a ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

biggysmall2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help!

Advertisement

I am having the same problem as someone earlier in the thread. I have a 7290 and put a couple of themes on there using DM, as well as the theme reader. I can see the themes under "THEMES", but when I click on them activate is not an option. Interestingly enough, I download the smoothie theme from RIM via WAP and it works fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

standby image issue

Quote Originally Posted by jacobklein
    So I have been able to get two themes onto my handheld and activate both of them, however, I am getting an error message. I think it is happening when the device tries to go to the standby screen.

The message is "UncaugtException:java.lang.NullPointerExcepti on". This error is happening on both themes I installed and I have made sure that all the permissions are set to Allow.

Thoughts?
    This stems from the image being used for that screen and in part from a bug in the Plazmic software. To fix the issue use the default standby screen image.

Quote Originally Posted by biggysmall2
    I am having the same problem as someone earlier in the thread. I have a 7290 and put a couple of themes on there using DM, as well as the theme reader. I can see the themes under "THEMES", but when I click on them activate is not an option. Interestingly enough, I download the smoothie theme from RIM via WAP and it works fine.

Anyone have any ideas?
    I think your phone only has 32mb of memory out of the box? Be sure you have os 4.1 installed b4 using any Plazmic created themes and also in the event you have several themes installed try removing one b4 introducing a new one. Phones do have limits on how many themes can be maintained at one time (memory limits) sometimes this can cause a theme to not work.

The .alx theme reader file and the ota theme reader files are different. In the event you installed ota be sure to always install the ota theme reader file after the theme install is complete. The ota reader file needs installed each time. This is different from the DM theme reader file. The DM theme reader file only needs installed 1x.

hope this helps?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    biggysmall2, Welcome to PinStack.

You may have to go into the Options/Security Options/Application Permisions. Individually select each of the Themes you loaded, and open the menu. Select Edit Permissions and set the three options in order to Allow, Custom, and Allow. Let us know if this works.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

mfritzin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I have a 7130e. When i use the application loader while adding a theme.alx, i get an error message that says "no additional applications designed for your device were found". I downloaded from the 7100 themes here on pinstack.com, so I'm confused. I have a reader already loaded, and am running 4.1. ideas???

ANGELACCSI no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    401432d7
    Wow, thank you all so much for the help!! Us novice,[FONT=Times New Roman]apprentice[/FONT], Blackberry users sure thank all of you for your awesome knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    biggysmall2, Welcome to PinStack.

You may have to go into the Options/Security Options/Application Permisions. Individually select each of the Themes you loaded, and open the menu. Select Edit Permissions and set the three options in order to Allow, Custom, and Allow. Let us know if this works.

Rcbjr
    This didn't work. When I go to my theme, still the only option is "download themes" or "close".

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    biggysmall2,

When you tried the permissions, did you see the Plazmic Theme Reader in the list? If not try reloading it. And you do have OS 4.1.x.xxx don't you? Try this, In themes Select download Themes and see if you can download a theme from that site and activate it.
    Another thought, when you go to Options/Themes is there a list of standard themes? how many are listed there?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    ANGELACCSI, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

mfritzin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    any ideas on my issue above?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    mfritzin, we're working that one in the other threads. Let's keep it to just two threads. Sorry.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    biggysmall2,

When you tried the permissions, did you see the Plazmic Theme Reader in the list? If not try reloading it. And you do have OS 4.1.x.xxx don't you? Try this, In themes Select download Themes and see if you can download a theme from that site and activate it.
    Another thought, when you go to Options/Themes is there a list of standard themes? how many are listed there?

Rcbjr.
    I have Plazmic Theme reader installed. My OS is v4.10.292. I have downloaded themes using the method you describe --- Smoothie works fine. When I go to options/themes, only the default theme and the theme I put on there.

I figured it out ...... dumb me: I was trying to load 7100 themes.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Ah so, Well, have you had a chance to load a 72xx theme yet?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

dramagr97 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi all I am trying to add the themes to my blackberry but a pop up comes up after i try and add the theme. The pop states "no additional applications designed for your handheld were found" Can someone help me out with that. Thanks

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast