Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i made a theme for BB 72XX series i want to know how to post ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

chadgrice no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f5bcde

Question how do i make a theme available OTA?

Advertisement

i made a theme for BB 72XX series i want to know how to post it so that others can download it OTA?
    please help!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: how do i make a theme available OTA?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ to make a theme available ota you need a website that allows you to upload the proper files so others can download them. The easiest way to share themes is to use the pinstack.com downloads section. You can upload the files so others can download them and load them through the usb and desktop manager.

PIN/ID
    23f5bcde

thank you your a life saver

PIN/ID
    23f5bcde

but if i have a website what should i do? the other pperson is really technically challenged and just needs to click a link. im sure thats all they could do (with me talking them through it

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Aww that's nice of you. If you need help loading the files let is know. Make sure you put the alx and cod files in a zip file then upload them in the downloads section.

PIN/ID
    23f5bcde

the person does not have their connection cable to their computer. because i have it. in a different city. is there any way they can download the theme without the use of their computer. and how can i do this for them

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

To enable ota install on your web site look over the below text and it should help you understand what is needed in order to host ota files.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    the .jad file is the starting point that you post as the link for people to point to with the BB browser. You'll also need to place all the .cod files onto the server. The .jad file is a package listing of all the files the OTA action will need to download-- so after you make .jad file set, do not change any filenames because they are all encoded in the .jad file. The number of .cod files depends on how many graphic elements your particular theme has. Some of mine had 4 and some had 10 .cod files.

the server needs to have some things enabled. I know that Apache servers are the preferred ones. You also need a file to tell the server how to handle requests. This is a .htaccess file. Note there is nothing preceeding the initial "dot" in the filename. The file needs to have this contents (build with a text-only editor like Notepad):

AddType text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor jad
    AddType application/vnd.rim.cod cod
    AddType application/java-archive jar
    AddType audio/adpcm adp

This file needs to be in every folder you create on the server with .jad and .cod files. Again, the file name is everything inside the quotes ".htaccess".

I have also found that you must use the OTA installation of the Theme Reader application for OTA themes to work. Seems like a bug but I repeated it in testing. So, upload them too and place a link for users to grab them.

the active link is to the themename.jad file

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Another option: You can send me the files and i will post it for ota download on my site. I have ota enabled and have several hundred themes already posted, one more will not hurt anything.

john thumper no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741
    To enable ota install on your web site look over the below text and it should help you understand what is needed in order to host ota files.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    the .jad file is the starting point that you post as the link for people to point to with the BB browser. You'll also need to place all the .cod files onto the server. The .jad file is a package listing of all the files the OTA action will need to download-- so after you make .jad file set, do not change any filenames because they are all encoded in the .jad file. The number of .cod files depends on how many graphic elements your particular theme has. Some of mine had 4 and some had 10 .cod files.

the server needs to have some things enabled. I know that Apache servers are the preferred ones. You also need a file to tell the server how to handle requests. This is a .htaccess file. Note there is nothing preceeding the initial "dot" in the filename. The file needs to have this contents (build with a text-only editor like Notepad):

AddType audio/adpcm adp

This file needs to be in every folder you create on the server with .jad and .cod files. Again, the file name is everything inside the quotes ".htaccess".

I have also found that you must use the OTA installation of the Theme Reader application for OTA themes to work. Seems like a bug but I repeated it in testing. So, upload them too and place a link for users to grab them.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Another option: You can send me the files and i will post it for ota download on my site. I have ota enabled and have several hundred themes already posted, one more will not hurt anything.
    Hello srl7741, I have read through and followed your above help file yet I am still unable to get the ota to work from my server.

I have created the .htaccess file and uploaded the jad and cod files however when I try test the link I just get a bunch of text not a file like when I try with your ota links.

Any options I need to set on my server? I have already enabled .htaccess on my server

Jthump

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Was the server re-booted? It may take a few minutes for the changes to take effect.

Double check and be sure the .htaccess file is in the correct directory?

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

SRL I am putting this on the space I have on one of my Cox accounts. and I am still getting the text. What attributes do I have to put on the .htaccess file? right now it is set to 777.
    Michael

youyou no está en línea Stack level 1

SRL, I was wondering, would you mind uploading as OTA the DocGoNeuron theme for 8700...I'm on mac and it's a real issue for me to install themes...thanks in advance!

viperboy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3188CF63

can someone make these OTA for me? i cant figure out how to do it and i dont have a server anyway. i would PM Srl but i am new and apparently, i need 10 posts to PM. so instead of littering up the boards, i'm asking for help here. i know this thread is a little old, but i dont feel a new one needs to me made. i need OTA downloads because i'm getting an error message with the newest desktop manager and it wont let me add any apps or themes to the device. here is the DL link with the .cod and .axl files... (about 15 themes, but it should be easy for you guys to do!)

since i cant post a url, http:/ /rapidshare.com/files/80630972/Themes.zip.html and just remove the space between 2 "/"s

also, if someone could contact me via my PIN, please do. 3180DDCD

DanDanInc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241BF661

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

AddType audio/adpcm adp

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
    I just downloaded the Plazmic theme creator and have made a test theme... Just random crap to make it look a little different and I could get it to download from my website. The .htaccess is what I was lacking and THANK YOU AGAIN for letting me know a little more about building sites.
    Go to www.deadmandan.com to see my latest creation of a website. I will have a link to the finished themes I have made when they are done...
    Sincerely,
    Daniel A.
    RSR for T-Mobile in Nashua, NH
    ::deadmandan.com::
    ::rebornmafia.com::

jessie0179 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24658D07
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~iam unable to download a themes via OTA. I am getting some headaches for this stuff. I really need help!!! :-(

marli144 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i need hellp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast