Hi. New here. Im using an 8100 and my DM cannot read .jad files, only ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

ashapps no está en línea Stack level 1

How do I install .jad files?

Advertisement

Hi. New here. Im using an 8100 and my DM cannot read .jad files, only .alx files. How do I get it to install .jad files? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    .jad files are meant to be installed over-the-air. Point your BB browser to where the .jad file is and it will dowload direct to your phone. Remember to pull the battery and restart the phone after any new theme installs on the 8100 series.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    .jad files are meant to be installed over-the-air. Point your BB browser to where the .jad file is and it will dowload direct to your phone. Remember to pull the battery and restart the phone after any new theme installs on the 8100 series.
    I'm sorry I don't understand that. Point my BB browser? What's my BB Browser? Or how do I get to it? Do I have to have internet on my BB?

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    BB Browser is the browser application on your blackberry. Yes, you will need to gave an internet data plan. Or if you remember the URL's or sites of where you got the jad's you can use the Over The Air (OTA) computer downloader program.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...nloader-79962/

Note: a lot of other phones require Jad and Jar files to install a program. Most of the time BB can do it with just the jar file. So if you're downloading from something like GetJar then just get the JAR file, copy it to your SD card, open the Media app on the BB, hit menu, explore, then go to whatever directory it's in and click on the jar file and it should prompt you to install it.

Thanks a lot! That was really helpful