Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Im new to this and have no idea how to download an OTA theme. I ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

noodles80 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How do I download OTA themes??

Advertisement

Im new to this and have no idea how to download an OTA theme. I really need help. Someone suggested going to my browser and directly typing in the site and then click on the link and poof it will download. but it didnt, it told me unsupported file, that it was compressed...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Krazy Kat no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am guessing that what you tried to download was a zip file. Zip files are compressed files that are not supported by handhelds. The correct OTA link that you need is a *.jar or *.jad file (can't remember which it is) which will download the theme directly to your phone.
    Personally, I find it easier to just use my computer to save the zip file, open it and transfer the theme to my phone with DM.

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy Kat View Post
    I am guessing that what you tried to download was a zip file. Zip files are compressed files that are not supported by handhelds. The correct OTA link that you need is a *.jar or *.jad file (can't remember which it is) which will download the theme directly to your phone.
    Personally, I find it easier to just use my computer to save the zip file, open it and transfer the theme to my phone with DM.
    Correct, most BB theme sites will have 2 seperate links for 1 theme. 1 to DL OTA and 1 to DL via DM. They are both easy just have to find out which one works best for you!!!

I do like the zip files, however what I tried to download was in fact an OTA and it told me it could not download it. Im just going to forget about it. seems too complicated.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    it would not have told you that the file was compressed if it was an ota link.

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Zip = Computer
    .jar = OTA
    .omfg = me

well then tell me how to do it....this is what I want.

Last edited by azstar; 10-07-2008 at 10:48 AM. Reason: content edit

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    He who wrote this is a Moron

AND I QUOTE

"
    you can find instructions on how to install OTA files through your desktop HERE "
    what the hell? ????
    Listen when you need to do is either DOWNLOAD the theme and load it with BBManager / App Loader, or get the OTA (Over the AIR) Download,
    You can't download OTA on your desktop ...thats just stupid.

Nice theme tho.

Quote Originally Posted by TorturedNacho View Post
    He who wrote this is a Moron

AND I QUOTE

"
    you can find instructions on how to install OTA files through your desktop HERE "
    what the hell? ????
    Listen when you need to do is either DOWNLOAD the theme and load it with BBManager / App Loader, or get the OTA (Over the AIR) Download,
    You can't download OTA on your desktop ...thats just stupid.

Nice theme tho.

now can you see why im so confused

PIN/ID
    4029C610
    down at the bottom of the page is the zip file. DL the zip file and extract to your designated BB theme location and then install thru DM the .cod file located inside!!

here is the ZIP DL from your PC

http://www.blackberrythemes.net/down...e_Ed_Hardy.zip
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

didnt work for DM. when I extract the file there is nothing there.....i give up. seriously it shouldnt be this difficult!

PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Noodles,

Don't give up on it, if you look inside the zip file you will find a .jar or .jad file. If through your PC load that 1 file to your BB SD Card. Then after loading you goto your BB and click on your media icon. Then hit your BB button and select explorer. Find the file you loaded the .jar or .jad file to and then select it. It should automatically install onto ur device. After that I would do a batt pull and reet everything then go look for your new theme!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

am i supposed to somehow get this file onto the DM first? that is the part that I dont understand cuz I try to put it on there and the file doesnt seem to move over.

PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles80 View Post
    am i supposed to somehow get this file onto the DM first? that is the part that I dont understand cuz I try to put it on there and the file doesnt seem to move over.

If you have an external SD card you can turn on the mass storage to your device by going to

Options>Media Card>Mass Storage set to "ON">Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected set to "YES"

Then when you plug in your BB to the desktop it will open up a window that lets you select an option to "open folder to view files" if you click that then open the "blackberry" folder.

Once there you can copy the .jad/.jar file from the theme drectly into the folder on your bb.

then once copied, disconnect your BB from your PC, goto your media icon, click your BB menu key select "explore" select "media card" select "blackberry" there you should see the file you copied into it. select it and it shoud start to install.
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

youre my hero. i will try that once my memory card arrives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast