I am having trouble when I load a theme onto my 71030e BB. I get ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

cmjudd4 no está en línea Stack level 1

Having trouble loading themes on 7130e BB

Advertisement

I am having trouble when I load a theme onto my 71030e BB. I get the error message: "Uncaught exception javalang,illegalArgumentException"

What does this mean? How can I remedy this error? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Current stats on BB:
    Verizon service provider

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Charles

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Having trouble loading themes on 7130e BB

Is this on every theme you load or a certain ones?

If it is a certain ones, please list that theme(s) here.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

cmjudd4, Welcome to PinStack.

We'll try to help when we know more about this problem.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

This occurs for all the themes I downloaded except for "Default", (Which I believe is not the correct default theme for verizon). I think one of the themes I downloaded corrupted my default themes from verizon, (themes that came with the phone). So I deleted all the themes I downloaded hoping it would clear up my problem but when i restarted my BB i had nothing but stick figures, (black/White) icons. And my screen was hard to see because it would not refresh correctly, (causing the words and icons to be overlayed when you scrolled). I then did a "WipeOut" and my phone and it went back to normal but the default themes were not loaded. So I loaded the default themes for the 7100 but I think these are not the default themes. I think they are wrong themes because when i go to the calculator it shows the calculator layout of the older wider and smaller BB.

Do you guys understand any of this? What I am wanting to do it just load up the default themes, (which I think you have to have on there to use other themes, but not sure??) and then load up the com_plazmic_theme_reader.alx and com_plazmic_theme_reader.cod.

What do you think?

Thank you for your help.

P.S. This occurs with most every theme I try and load except for the default theme.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

How did you install the themes, Over the air or using Desktop manager? You may have to reinstall the OS for your Handheld to cure this problem as that is the only way I know of installing the default themes. Do you need help in reinstalling the OS? Make sure you have a backup of your data, before installing the OS.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

I have never been able to install themes via the desktop manager. All the themes I have downloaded have been OTA. If you could give me help doing the OS installation that would be helpful or point me to a site that can do that. I have plenty of backups for my BB so that should not be a problem with recovering the information.

Thank you for your help!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by cmjudd4
    I have never been able to install themes via the desktop manager. All the themes I have downloaded have been OTA. If you could give me help doing the OS installation that would be helpful or point me to a site that can do that. I have plenty of backups for my BB so that should not be a problem with recovering the information.

Thank you for your help!
    Hi cmjudd4,

try this thread http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ld_guides.html

it should help with a step by step guide

mfritzin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I have a 7130e. When i use the application loader while adding a theme.alx, i get an error message that says "no additional applications designed for your device were found". I downloaded from the 7100 themes here on pinstack.com, so I'm confused. I have a reader already loaded, and am running 4.1. ideas???

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Not sure which thread to post this in? so i'm just picking this one.

The error message "No additional applications designed for your device were found"

can (not always) be caused from moving install directories around. Choose one folder to keep everything you install on your BB in there. Each time you open the DM is reverts back the the same directory looking for the prior installed or changed items. When it finds a change has been made it will prompt you to update your software. (themes too).

But to resolve the issue posted above try this?
    Re-start your computer and re-start the desktop manager. That should do the trick and allow you to install that new theme.

Try to keep all your bb apps in one folder and create sub folders for the different itemes such as theme(s) or apps. The desktop manager will be your friend from now on and let you know if anything changes.

hope this helps?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Srl, I have seen that statement caused and cured just by installing the current BB OS file on the PC. Some installations of DM require the OS to be installed just to get the ADD button in App Loader to work.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Ahh i did not know that thanks