I'm tryin to add some themes to my 7100i (software 4.1) but everytime i try ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

evilsandwich no está en línea Stack level 1

Fatal Error!

Advertisement

I'm tryin to add some themes to my 7100i (software 4.1) but everytime i try to use my desktop manager (v4.2) it says a fatal error has occurred. The theme reader would not load using desktop manager, so i used OTA and found a spot to download/install it. So I have theme reader installed (and i rebooted) but it either says "no applications found" or something or it says "fatal error blah blah.." or both.

Anyone help me out here?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Fatal Error!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    As of yet the 4.2 has not worked with any BB that is below version 4.2. I had the same thing happen when I tried to go my pearl from an 7105t. My pearl would work on DM 4.2 but not my 7105t. You'll have to use the DM version that came with your BB...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I have a 7100i and am using Desktop Manager 4.2 fine. So are all my customers I have given the program to.

When it says no applications found it means you are not loading the proper files. You need to have the .alx and .cod files together in the same location, and it will load fine to your BB.

i unzipped about 10 themes to their own specific folders. i tried all of them, none worked. the .alx and the .cod files are in the same folder

ok. i downloaded DM 4.1 and it works

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

So Im the only person running Desktop Manager 4.2 and have no problems loading themes or syncing? Come on guys, speak up if you are having no issues.

Also, if you had to "use the Desktop Manager version that came with your BB" then why do I have here a 7520 that works fine on 4.1, but has 4.0 software?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Nope Chris, I'm on DM 4.2 and an 8700 and have had no problems what so ever. Even had to do a complete wipe and it reloaded everything just fine. But then, I know where to place my tongue when working with PCs. You got to have it pressing on just the right spot in the corner of you mouth.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles