I have a question regarding themes, don't know if its ok to post here, if ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8

Smile Re: 8100/Pearl OTA Themes

I have a question regarding themes, don't know if its ok to post here, if not plz tell me where to post it.
    Is there a way to edit a vendor theme? The only reason i ask, is b/c i did the unlocking of the vendor themes and come to find my fav one to be the O2 Zen. It is the only theme i have seen that seperates email msgs from the SMS/MMS messages. Or maybe someone could make one like that?
    Everytime i have to use the DM i lose it and have to unlock them all over again. If anyone could help i would be very grateful!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator

Question Editing Vendor Themes?

Hey fellow stackers. I've downloaded and have been playing around with the new Theme Builder, and I was curious if there was anyway that we can edit the Vendor Specific Themes?

I've searched and searched the forums for this and haven't been able to find anything about this. I know that the theme builder has the Dimension Icon and Zen base themes, but can you get the other ones to edit?

I've always used the TMO ZEN Theme and have gotten use to it. I just want to change some of the colors and maybe try the other vendor themes. I know I can unlock them, I just don't want to go through the trouble everytime I update. If I could just make some themes that would be much easier.

Thanks in advance!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask

Re: Editing Vendor Themes?

No, you can't edit the existing themes. The Dimension Zen theme should be similar to the TMO Zen but probably not identical.

Hope this helps
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Editing Vendor Themes?

What I would love to see is a hybrid of the Dimension Zen and TMO Zen themes. I basically would like to keep everything in the Dimension Zen theme, but instead of getting all of the icons when you hit the menu button, I would prefer the TMO Zen's menu popup. The reason I don't use TMO Zen is b/c I really don't care for the banner - white text is hard to read on most backgrounds, time is really small and hard to read, batter meter is small, etc. I also really like how you can access and change the profile directly from the homescreen - saves me an icon. As far as side or bottom icons, I'm not really sure which I prefer. So basically if I could keep the BB Zen banner and add the TMO Zen menu I would be psyched. But it sounds like that may not be possible at this point.