Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I will try this today, thank you... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

fbriceno97 Guest

Advertisement

I will try this today, thank you

inkluvr no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: Easiest Method For Adding/Deleting Themes (Including Preloaded Themes)

I FINALLY got this method to work. Really wish I had been aware that the handset needed to be turned off but still plugged into the usb. After trying everything else, I figured why not and gave it a shot with it turned off and it worked great. I was determined to make it work! Thanks for the help.

inkluvr no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Easiest Method For Adding/Deleting Themes (Including Preloaded Themes)

Quote Originally Posted by mizzle
    ok, I have figured out another way to do it, but when i use apploader and update the phone, it boots back up gives an error null point error, then i don't have access to any of my ringtones that i downloaded myself. So i guess that means I cannot delete my preloaded ringtones, huh?

What did you do to resolve this error? I tried deleting the preloaded ringtones on my 8703 via the javaloader way and I am getting this error as well. I tried restoring but that did nothing to help and I can't seem to find the tunesbundle file anywhere on my computer... Help please

hobbescs no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Easiest Method For Adding/Deleting Themes (Including Preloaded Themes)

when I try to use the javaloader.exe it says "Connecting to device...Error: unable to open port"

Any suggestions?

perkindo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F925CE

Thumbs up Re: Easiest Method For Adding/Deleting Themes (Including Preloaded Themes)

I'm trying to remove the preloaded ringtones on my BB 8800. I keep getting the folowing message:

Error: module is in use.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by perkindo
    I'm trying to remove the preloaded ringtones on my BB 8800. I keep getting the folowing message:

Error: module is in use.

Any ideas?

Hey never mind... just figures it out. should be -u instead of -usb. Changed that it works great now... weird
    Last edited by perkindo; 04-21-2007 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Automerged.

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374

i done everything i follow those instructions i go to start run put the lines that you write here but nothing please help me

csat&t no está en línea Stack level 1

how do i add themes that are ziped to an 8100

Jesuit no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21E21D8B

Re: Deleting Preloaded Themes & Media

Hey All

I hate to sound like a total n00b (even though I am when it comes to BBs) but the only way to delete a theme (pre or post) is to follow the points posted by SpamDumpster? Thanks for any responses!

unansweredone no está en línea Stack level 1

excuse me for my ignorance,can't I just delete unwanted files in \shared\loader files and then run app loader?

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster
    I always find that editing .alx files is a pain. You have to create a clean copy in case anything goes wrong and then modify a whole bunch of lines, know vendor codes, etc. Deleting preloaded themes is a pain because you have to find them and then add a different vendor code.

There's a much easier way: Maybe a lot of you know this, but I just discovered it, so I'm passing it on. PLUS, THIS ALLOWS YOU TO DELETE PRELOADED MEDIA.

Javaloader can be used to add vendor themes and to delete preloaded themes (or to add or delete any .cod file).

This requires javaloader.exe: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...id=452&catid=5

To delete a preloaded them, simply open a command prompt (start menu>run>cmd), and then type the following: "javaloader -usb erase -f XXXXXXXXX.cod" where "XXXXXXXXX.cod" is the name of the theme file you want want to delete. For example, I deleted the crappy Cingular theme on my pearl by typing:

"javaloader -usb erase -f net_rim_theme_102_icon_240x260_b.cod"

If you have to add back a theme or other .cod file (for example the Cingular theme), copy the .cod file to the folder where javaloader.exe is, and then open a command prompt and type:

"javaloader -usb load net_rim_theme_102_icon_240x260_b.cod."

It's easy. But beware that you could seriously f%$# up your device. Deleting the Zen theme caused no problems on my 7130, but deleting the zen theme on my Pearl basically bricked the device. But, I simply added it back and everything is fine.

EDIT:
    I deleted the preloaded mp3 file, avi file, and all of the preloaded pictures by typing:

"javaloader -usb erase -f net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod"

To delete the preloaded ringtones type:

"javaloader -usb erase net_rim_bb_profiles_tunes_tunebundles_tunes8700g.c od"

The preloaded media still shows in the media player files, but the files don't exist. If I click on a picture it says, for example: "Unable to display file /Device Memory/samples/pictures/accelerate.png"

I freed up more than 4 MB of device memory. WOOT!
    I tried your method to remove Colorball but cmd.exe says: 'javaloader' is not recognized as an internal or external command.....'. and where should i place javaloader?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I finally figured out how to remove all of the non-English files from my BB. I also trashed a couple of unused apps. I have 30 MB free on my Pearl. I may go back and delete unused themes. I only use 2.

shoutybn2002 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have downlaoded themes from the computer to my blackberry and i still havent figured out to get rid of the unwated themes, some of them don't work...any help???

tcampos22 no está en línea Stack level 1

I added the iberry theme with this method javaloader -usb load com_plazmic_theme_iberryblack2_0_8800422.cod to my 8800/AT&T BB but when I go to themes to activate it, it does not show up in the theme list. Am I missing something?

tcampos22 no está en línea Stack level 1

Change you cmd directory using CD "to the directory where you have javaloader", then run the usb cmd

cmisak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24382D36

the link to your download isn't valid anymore... where can i find it?

I need to delete all the "preloaded" crap and clear up some mem

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast