Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay, So after few months of looking thru different threads on how to unlock all ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

Lightbulb Easier Way to Unlock all Hidden and Vendor Themes

Advertisement

Okay,

So after few months of looking thru different threads on how to unlock all hidden themes, i was very very confused.... so finally i got it figured it out... i went thru the steps from http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...or_themes.html a well Written Tutorial from pentace... but i thought to may be take it a step further.... so here is an easier of doing this....

Just before you get going... the attached file is for Bell Mobility. It might not work if you have a different carrier...

Step 1) go to http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_carrier.html and download the appropriate BB OS file for your Carrier.... mine is Bell and so I downloaded

8703eEFSBP_PBr4.1.0_rel492_PL2.2.0.165_A4.1.0.352_ Bell.exe

Step 2) Run and install the BB OS file you just downloaded

Step 3) Download the attached “Bell Vendor ID 109 BlackBerry.rar” from below and save it to your Desktop

Step 4) Unrar “BlackBerry.axl” from “Bell Vendor ID 109 BlackBerry.rar” and replace the “BlackBerry.axl” from “C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\

Step 5) Run AppLoader from your BB Desktop Manager And install ….

Now you should have all of the themes unlocked….

So I guess if I am doing things RIGHT hopefully everyone else who has successfully unlocked all hidden themes by making the appropriate changes in BlackBerry.axl file for their Carrier… we should post the BlackBerry.axl for all other carriers… and make it easier for everyone else…

Thanks and please let me know if this all make sense…
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by inc188; 12-18-2006 at 02:54 PM.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Thanks for the contribution. I'll have to test this out later today. Once ok'd we may make it sticky or add to the guides list.

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    Thanks for the contribution. I'll have to test this out later today. Once ok'd we may make it sticky or add to the guides list.
    Awesome... i am excited to be able to do this and contribute to the forum... i like it here... Thanks

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Great idea but as you say, we would need one for each carrier type out there. Vodafone have loads of different vendor codes too (like about 20), which could be tricky.

The original guides were great - how the hell did you guys figure this stuff out, BTW? - but it took me a couple of goes to get it, CTRL + Alt + H didn't work straightaway, but I put that down to me being a bit thick about it!!

The more suggestions and help like this the better and is what makes this forum the best

Quote Originally Posted by Gar-williams
    Great idea but as you say, we would need one for each carrier type out there. Vodafone have loads of different vendor codes too (like about 20), which could be tricky.

The original guides were great - how the hell did you guys figure this stuff out, BTW? - but it took me a couple of goes to get it, CTRL + Alt + H didn't work straightaway, but I put that down to me being a bit thick about it!!

The more suggestions and help like this the better and is what makes this forum the best
    You are correct.. vodafone does have alot of vendor codes... but if you had a chance to look thru blackberry.axl file uder vodafone it lists them all ie. 119\112\blah\blah.... so one can copy all of those codes and replace the ones according to pentace's tutorial it will work... i think lol... and then upload the blackberry.axl file here...

later

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Gar-williams:
    Some of us just have WAAAYYY too much free time on our hands.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Gar-williams no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Gar-williams:
    Some of us just have WAAAYYY too much free time on our hands.
    I was wondering bout that too... But, when you've got a problem and have screwed around with the BB as far as you can, you're glad someone has too much time to play with this stuff!

If we can do this I think it will save us a lot of time & plus I think Gar-williams that u also have some time on your hand if you are browsing thru pinstack on your bb. Lol

syckphreek no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Easier Way to Unlock all Hidden and Vendor Themes

Im VERY new to the blackberry world. I have the Cingular 8100 and im looking to unlock the TMobile Zen theme.
    HOWEVER im unable to locate the Cingular .alx files to be able to "unlock" the themes.
    If someone could PM or respond to help me locate this file from the word "GO".
    Thanks in advance.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

syckphreek, Welcome to PinStack.

First step, install the OS download file on your PC by executing it. Once that is installed the blackberry.alx is located in this path or something very similar:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8100-v4.2.0.69_P2.2.0.40

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

audigangsta no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello all,
    I am pretty much in the same sort of situation as syckphreek. I have a Rogers 8100, and all i want to do is have the zen theme icons along the bottom instead of the left side. can someone message me a really simple walkthrough on how to do this? i have edited motorolas and sonys before, but not blackberrys at all, and i do not want to screw up my brand new pearl. so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

audigangsta, Welcome to PinStack.

Check out the procedure in the first post in this thread, How to Unlock all Hidden and vendor themes. It will explain how to unlock the theme you want.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

yes plz can someone post the Cingular axl file plz?

alvin34865 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have searched in that directory to locate the blackberry.alx file and for some reason I cant find it, I am currently in the research in motion folder and there is no loader or shared file folders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast