I'm new here so hello to all! I'm hoping to find some great info as ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

archaic0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240136D8

Custom BB Today theme?

Advertisement

I'm new here so hello to all! I'm hoping to find some great info as time goes on.

What I've been looking for for a while is a modified Today theme to better suit my needs. I'm not asking for spoonfeeding though so don't jump all over me yet. *smile* If I need to learn to make something myself rest assured I'll be up to the task of learning what I need to learn from searching.

Basically, I'm using BB Dimension Today and it shows only two upcoming events from my calendar and only 2 emails and it shows the call log where I have no use for that.

I'm just starting my search now so maybe I'll come across something, but I was wondering if anyone has made one yet or if this might be something I'll need to tackle myself?

If it's not done yet, then is there any reason I wouldn't be able to make a Today theme modified to these features:

1. remove call log
    2. remove applications link (I use the convienience key for that)
    3. remove profile link (I use the convienience key for that too)
    4. fill extra space with extra emails and appointments (4 each maybe)
    5. change the font color for the signal strength number

I use the signal strength number instead of the useless marketing bars, but the font is black on the home screen (it's blue with white outline everywhere else though) so I've had to make a white square in my background image to see the number and I'd like a cleaner way to adress that.

Thanks in advance for any input!

archaic0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240136D8

Re: Custom BB Today theme?

Thanks!

In one of those threads it mentions that you can't make a theme based on the Today theme. Is there somewhere I can watch to check back every now and then to see if Plazmic has added that feature?

At this point in time all you can do is color and arrange things from a current supported theme? You can't actually make anything happen that doesn't already happen? Like add message previews to another theme to turn it into a Today theme?

So even if Plazmic adds support for the Today theme, would I be able to remove the call log from the home screen then and up the message and appointment previews to 4 instead of 2? I think I understand the theme process as just letting me change colors and whatnot, and not actually modify how something works, right?

I'm not much of a coloring book theme person I guess. I want to add or improve function on my devices. I don't care a whole bunch about the things Plazmic seems to allow at this point.

I found this site and got excited about being able to fix some shortcomings on the device but I can't, can I? *frown*
    Last edited by archaic0; 06-28-2007 at 12:39 PM.