Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ok, so i've had my bb for awhile now. but just recently have gotten in ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

habika no está en línea Stack level 2

Can't Get Themes to Work

Advertisement

ok, so i've had my bb for awhile now. but just recently have gotten in to trying to d/l themes and what not.. but for some reason I cant get them to work!
    trying with a PC-I will d/l the link. i put the .alx file on my desktop so its easy to find. go into tht blackberry manager and click app loader->start->browse->choose the alx file and try to put it on... but i keep getting a msg that says "no add apps designed for your device were found"

now I have a BB Pearl 8130 OP 4.5 and I am choosing themes that are for the right OP and also that have 81xx

am I doing something wrong? missing something? or is my BB just wanting to frustrate me...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Do you have the operating system for your device downloaded and installed to your PC? If not, do that and see if it fixes your problem. If you are not sure where to go to download your current OS check my blog for links to do it. Or just click here.

in the process of d/l the new os for my pc.. now my os for the desktop manager is 4.7.. and my phone 4.5 could that be the issue?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Have you deleted the stock themes? If so reinstalling thode may solve the problem

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The DM and the OS are two different things. You need to have your phones operating system installed to your PC to be able to do certain things and desktop manager is used to update and upgrade your device. I would recommend 4.6 but if you already have 4.7 and no issue I would stick with it.
    Once you have downloaded the and installed the OS try going back and following the steps you went through before and see if the themes work if not we can take it from there.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Have you deleted the stock themes? If so reinstalling thode may solve the problem
    Very good advice if it is applicable but lets not get to deep into it. Don't want to confuse the OP since they are new.

I do still have all of the stock themes..
    I think i have the right operating system installed on my pc.
    my bf was able to d/l a theme before... but im a moron and deleted my ENTIRE phone contents(never put a pswrd in more than the set amount... bad scene!! LOL). and I had to reinstall all of to software again.
    could this maybe be why its not working??

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Very good advice if it is applicable but lets not get to deep into it. Don't want to confuse the OP since they are new.
    lol ya, i think im about as confused as i can handle. teehe

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Go to options/about on your BB and look on the third line to see what OS you are running. Then go to add/remove programs on your PC (programs and features on Vista) and confirm the OS loaded to your PC is the same as the one on your BB.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Go to options/about on your BB and look on the third line to see what OS you are running. Then go to add/remove programs on your PC (programs and features on Vista) and confirm the OS loaded to your PC is the same as the one on your BB.
    ok, so im on vista.. it says on pc- blackberry device software v4.5.0 for bb 8130 smartphone
    3rd line on bb says v4.5.0.77(platform 3.2.0.51)

and thank you SOO SOO much for your help, i do really appreciate it. =)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    From your OP I am sure your are unzipping the files after downloading, Correct? Also are any of these themes available for ota?

yes I am unzipping them to my desktop, just so they are quick and easy to find, then i move them to a folder in documents...
    I think they are. i will have to check again. to d/l ota i just email the link to myself and go from there. fairly straight forward right?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by habika View Post
    yes I am unzipping them to my desktop, just so they are quick and easy to find, then i move them to a folder in documents...
    I think they are. i will have to check again. to d/l ota i just email the link to myself and go from there. fairly straight forward right?
    I am not sure on the emailing option I have never tried it. I know it is possible just from reading but not sure how. As far as the other via DM it seems you are doing it all right. Maybe someone else can weigh in because I am missing something which I am sure is simple.

ya I dont know either.. im testing an OTA right now.. not really a theme I want. but worth trying.. Thanks for your help tho.. If anyone might have any other ideas I would really appreciate it!

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional

Question

Not to butt in, but instead of saving the zipped file to DT, try just opening it and un zip it then, then just save the unzipped part (you dont need the zipped) it takes up more space on PC than needed.
    Just a thought.

iLord is DEAD!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast