I thought it was about time to not only have theme(s) posted but also include ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Bold Theme Reviews

Advertisement

I thought it was about time to not only have theme(s) posted but also include an area where we can review a theme if we choose. I think it's important to have available information that will allow everyone to make better decisions before downloading and installing a theme. It will keep us from installing countless theme(s) only to delete them and also give our Theme(s) makers ideas.
    .................................................. .................................................. .

Bold Today Plus (JC Designs)

I've been reviewing theme(s) since late 2005 so I thought I would take a look at this new Bold theme and how GadgetBean.com works. Yes, I troll all the sites that offer theme(s) for sale and donate the $ to get the theme (if I have to) and see if they are truly worthy it two categories.

1. The theme and how well it works
    2. Customer service

1. This theme being made for O.S 4.6 and using the newest version of CDK shows just how neat a Blackberry phone can be and also proves CDK has improved from it's early days. While the icons are nothing new is offers some neat features the default themes do not. The Today Plus theme(s) have always been sought after and people have gone extra lengths to get-em. This theme shows why, it continues the tradition of allowing the user to have the most information possible on the home screen and always easy to get. This theme(s) navigation is great is worth every penny a person spends on it. All the Banner objects are placed in the correct place and graphics throughout are the correct size causing no delays or slowdowns as you scroll to different corners of your BlackBerry phone.
    The bottom dock simple put? ROCKS! Nice touch with this feature and it's neat. Pictures and Videos do NOT do it justice. The Bold default icons are nice and good enough to make you forget about that fact they are default icons. I really like this little known feature. In the past it was very important to create or come up with a different set of icons because the default icons in the past were lame. These icons fit the theme perfect. If I did have to offer a warning it would be with the focus icon choice. The focus icon shakes slightly and while it's ok, it does not trip my trigger. Actually i think about getting dizzy. I would like to see another option here like a Glow effect or something else. I really love how the theme was designed to allow the user to change the background image which will also change the sub-menu screen background also. The is a nice touch and is one I used in order to continue using the theme. I placed my own personal choice as a background and to me it's much more pleasing to my eyes. This again allows the user to customize the theme and I think this feature was a good choice by GB.

This theme is a winner in anyones book.

2. Customer service I can't review at this time. Customer service is not about selling a product and making sure the person gets what they pay for. When a person pays for a product it's given they should get what they payed for.

Customer service comes after the purchase. For example: Can a person purchase a product and request a few minor changes to meet their needs?
    Example 2: If there is a bug it should be fixed and a new version made available at NO cost.

I will be requesting a few minor changes in the near future and will report back on the results. For the record it took me more than 24 hours to get this theme after making a donation/paying for it.

This new Bold Today Plus Theme is a winner and one of the Best Theme(s) I've had the pleasure to review. I will be reviewing more this just happens to be the first.

-Mobile41

Screen Shots below:

Next up:
    9000 OTA: Precision Today+ (By HeyMrRadio) Link
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by srl7741; 11-11-2008 at 11:58 PM.

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3
    I love this theme. I purchased it last week and the guy was pleasant. He did say something about vacation or work this week though. If I wanted changes they would have to wait till he got back. I was happy with the customer service.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    thumbs up on this one from me too... free themes are nice and developers are appreciated - but, this one IS worth a few bucks...

love it

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    hmmmm... Very nice. Time for us to learn how to do these fancy themes. Who wants to spend money these days. That theme's money in my gas tank could take me.... Well nevermind... I am better off buying the theme... LoL
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

quinto1025 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've been using this since I've got the bold on the 4th. Love it!

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by quinto1025 View Post
    I've been using this since I've got the bold on the 4th. Love it!
    Same here and I use it all the time! Great theme........
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

GiorgosH no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post

This new Bold Today Plus Theme is a winner and one of the Best Theme(s) I've had the pleasure to review. I will be reviewing more this just happens to be the first.

-Mobile41

Screen Shots below:

Next up:
    9000 OTA: Precision Today+ (By HeyMrRadio) Link
    Well done! I am looking for the Theme in the shots, however the link refers to a different one

x doubl3 a no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249FA6EC
    the theme posted for the bold IS smoooth and amazing! MADDD PROPS go out to the designer!! CANT WAIT TO SEE MORE FROM THIS DESIGNER!!
    Rockin' a 9530 on VZW(OS 4.7.0.141), 8330 on VZW.
    [BEST OF BOTH WORLDS]

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GiorgosH View Post
    Well done! I am looking for the Theme in the shots, however the link refers to a different one
    Same here, that theme in the shot it hot...