Hey all... Just wanted to thank everyone on here who has posted amazing themes and ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

rheath989 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry Pearl 8100 - Rogers Wireless OS?

Advertisement

Hey all...

Just wanted to thank everyone on here who has posted amazing themes and advice on the good ole BB Pearl... THANKYOU!!

Next, a quick question... I had my BB 8100 go for a huge meltdown when I tried to update it's software... Thanks to you guys here, I was able to correct it...

I am on the Rogers Wireless network here in Canada, my OS version is 4.2.194 Platform 2.3.0.77 etc...

I see here that OS 4.5 and even 4.6 seems to be availble, I am wondering if these versions are only available to U.S. users, (NexTel, Verizon, WorldComm etc).

I have been to the Rogers site and the OS are there, but I cant install them...

Anyone out there familar with Rogers, and OS 4.5 etc??

There seems to be some really cool themes out there for this software revision...

Thanks

rheath989

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I am not on Rogers and know very little about it but if there is a newer version of an OS for your device it should work for you as long as you follow the instrutions you can find here on the stack to upgrade. You can use any carriers OS as long as its for your device and you know how to install it.

Cool... was not aware of that... Thanks will look into it further...

Later...

rheath989

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Thanks once again... That helps, there is a dude on here who is running 4.5 os on a BB 8100...

Just curious though, what is the "vendor.dxl" file that needs to be deleted?! Also, from the sounds of things, OS 4.5 is really ment for BB 8120's 8330's etc...

So, I would say it really isn't for my BB, but it looks as though people are running it?!

Thanks

rheath989

jforce1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    There is now an official 4.5 OS release from Rogers. I upgraded yesterday right from the BB site. Go to this link and make sure you're using Internet Explorer:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service...tab_tab_update

Hook up your Pearl to your computer USB and click update. It's pretty easy. I was running a beta version before and haven't noticed much difference.

Details:
    Vendor ID: 107
    Platform is: 2.7.0.78
    App. Version: 4.5.0.81 (108)

I was waiting for an official release for a while. And here it is. I hope this is helpful.