I'm new to this sort of thing so please be easy on me, I have ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

Darkgryph no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2035F45F

Question Advice, please

Advertisement

I'm new to this sort of thing so please be easy on me, I have followed the adviced in other threads on how to et things set so I can build new theams. However with the software installed I can't get it to save in any readable format.. any information or advice is welcome

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Advice, please

I'm not to verse at themes but we have Megabit, Ozrial and other members who will help you out hold tight!

ozrial no está en línea BB Themes Guru
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    I'm not to verse at themes but we have Megabit, Ozrial and other members who will help you out hold tight!
    Ok, let me rephrase what you asked so we can make sure we are on the same page. You have Plazmic Theme Builder installed and are familiar enough with it to create a theme. You get it all ready to go, and then don't know how to save it so it can be loaded on your BB. Assuming that I understand you correctly, this is what you need to do:

Up under the file menu there are icons, one of which is a green circular shape. (I apologize for the poor description) When you mouse over it, you will see it is a button to "export" the theme. You want to select that, and then it will give you a popup box with two types of files to select "JAD" or "ALX". There will be a circular selection space next to each and underneath there will be means to decide where you would like it saved on your computer. Now, "JAD" is for OTA or over the air downloads. On the other side of things the "ALX" choice is for installation by way of the Desktop Manager Software.

I honestly hope that helps!!!!
    Let me know if it doesnt!!!
    ...:: OZ ::...
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

ezun no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20e69c1d

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~I'm also interested in creating themes. Wondering where I can get the underlying code for the themes that I like so I can tweak and/or merge them? In other words is there a way to 'upload' a current theme to Plazmic?

Gina no está en línea Stack level 4

Welcome Darkgryph to pinstack.com
    Gina-Lisa James,
    Pinstack.com – the web's #1 BlackBerry spot!
    Add Pinstack to your MySpace & twitter.com/pinstack