Re: ADP ringtones not working on Pearl
welcome to the stacks, dream rider
I don't see ADP listed here as a supported media
Media Guide (Audio/video)
You can open media files in the Media application, such as videos, ring tones, pictures, and songs that are stored in the BlackBerry device memory or on a media card.
The following Audio formats (including extensions) are supported:
- ACC - audio compression formats AAC, AAC+, and EAAC+
- AMR - Adaptive Multi Rate-Narrow Band (AMR-NB) speech coder standard Supported AMR-NB rates are 4.75 KBps, 5.15 KBps, 5.9 KBps, 6.7 KBps, 7.4 KBps, 7.95 KBps, 10.2 KBps, and 12.2 KBp.
- AMR files must conform to the standards specified in Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Request for Comments (RFC) document RFC3267, Section 5, on the the Internet RFC Archive web site.
- MIDI - Polyphonic MIDI (.mid, .midi, or .smf)
- MP3 - encoded using MPEG Part 1 and Part 2 audio layer 3 Supported sample rates are 16Khz, 22.050Khz, 24Khz, 32Khz, 44.1Khz and 48Khz.
- WAV - supports sample rates of 8 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, and 48 kHz with 8-bit and 16-bit depths in mono or stereo Supports WAV files created using audio codec GSM6.10.
The following Audio file extensions are also supported:
- .avi containing PCM, MP3, and AAC, AAC+, and eAAC+
- .3gp containing MP3, AMR-NB, AAC, AAC+, and eAAC+
- .mp4 containing MP3, AMR-NB, AAC, AAC+, and eAAC+
- .mov containing MP3, AMR-NB, AAC, AAC+, and eAAC+
- .aac and .m4a containing AAC, AAC+, and eAAC+ Video
The following Video formats are supported:
- MPEG-4 Part 2 - Simple Profile + bvops (including DivX files in this format)
- H.263 Profile 0 and Profile 3
The following Video file extensions are also supported:
- .avi containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
- .mov containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
- .3gp containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
- .mp4 containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
- .m4v containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
- .mpg containing MPEG4 Part 2 and H.263
right off the guide, that may be the issue
Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!