i just got an 8700g for free, yet i cant find an audio player/mp3 application ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

ckerr3005 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 8700g

Advertisement

i just got an 8700g for free, yet i cant find an audio player/mp3 application to go on it. Are there any out there? and how can i get some ring tones with no internet connection on the phone?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: 8700g

Use the Media Player app to play MP3's, but you'll have a hard time getting any onto it without a BlackBerry Data plan. The 8700 can only grab MP3's from a URL or from (1Mb max) attachment emails!
    JerryD

ckerr3005 no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok thank you. would you recommend a media player app? i tried xplayer and that didn't work. so what you you recommend? A link to it would be helpful as well. thank you.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ckerr3005 View Post
    Ok thank you. would you recommend a media player app? i tried xplayer and that didn't work. so what you you recommend? A link to it would be helpful as well. thank you.
    Media Player is part of the OS and should already be on your BlackBerry. If you have an "Applications" folder, it may be in there.

If it's not, get Desktop Software v4.2 SP2 without Media Manager (English) from here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

and find your provider's download page here:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support...load_sites.jsp
    and go to it and get the latest version firmware available for your device.

Search the forums for instructions on updating the firmware on your device if you're unfamiliar with the process, but basically once you've installed Desktop Manager (use Internet - not Enterprise) and the firmware, connect your device and Desktop Manager may automatically ask if you want to update your device. If it doesn't, just start the App Loader and it will.
    JerryD