Hey all, I just recently upgraded to the newest BB Desktop software and have found ... Free BlackBerry Themes forum

azaghalsei no está en línea Stack level 1

Question 7130c w/ BB Desktop Manager 4.2.2.14 Theme HELP! Going nuts.

Advertisement

Hey all,

I just recently upgraded to the newest BB Desktop software and have found I can't load ANY third party themes so far w/ OR w/out Plazmic Theme Reader.

:cry:

Unlocking vendor themes? No fargin' problem, but what I really NEED (yes, NEED!!) is to get rid of the icons. I was so very happy with a list-style theme before my software update, but after it none of my themes would work, and the one I saw that really tickled my fancy now was Gun Metal Variant list-style... no go! Tried with PTR, tried without, tried a battery yank.. Nuffin'. Very frustrating.

Can one of you fine folks please tell me:

1) How to load 3rd party themes on my 7130c with 4.2.2.14 software, and...
    2) Point me to some nice, non-movie/cartoon/sports related list-style themes?? (Like Gun Metal!)

Thank you so, so, SO much in advance!

Ian

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: 7130c w/ BB Desktop Manager 4.2.2.14 Theme HELP! Going nuts.

have you tried installing OTA, to see if that works?

not sure what your problem might be...maybe your OS has to be 4.2 as well?

Smile Re: 7130c w/ BB Desktop Manager 4.2.2.14 Theme HELP! Going nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    have you tried installing OTA, to see if that works?

not sure what your problem might be...maybe your OS has to be 4.2 as well?
    Cherri,

Let me first start by saying that I have not found a single "List" theme akin to BB Insight-List (Default-List), but I have in part solved my problem!! I do happen to have the latest OS installed on my 7130c, and while this may have partially led to my issues, it also had a silver lining: All 8100 Pearl themes now work on my 7130c!!!

Now let me end by saying that it is outrageously ironic that you replied as you did, when you did. I have spent the last 3 days using an unhealthy amount of time @ work and @ home trying to locate some themes I can really be happy about using, and it was about 4 hours before your post that I discovered your theme site! OMFG, you RULE! If I wasn't a married man I'd send you some flowers and chocolate. hehehe

I downloaded about 10 of your themes that looked AMAZING, and some even STELLAR! =) Mind you, thats about the volume I downloaded combined from the other 30+ places I visited.

That being said I would say my top 4 favourites of yours are: c2clearbluezen, c2clearredzen, personallycherri, and c2bnwzen2 (the black and white one).

I think they all rock, and I only find very minor issues with my personal taste as it relates to them!

i.e. on the first 3 I listed.. if you don't mind my personal opinions.....

1) personallycherri - LOVE IT! Spectacular contrast. My only change, would be swapping the background image of the home screen with the background image of the locked screen!

2) c2clearbluezen - Suuuu-weeeet! My only change would've been using that home screen background as the lock screen background, and maybe I would've used something like the image attached below as my home screen. The only other thing was that I thought the lock screen background text should've been smaller (I have a long owner information text...) and maybe a more contrasting colour like black!

3) c2clearredzen - My ONLY change would've been making that lock screen text smaller to accomodate my uber long owner info! That one is just spectacular!

4) c2bnwzen2 - (The one I am using because I like the font size and what not! hehehe) I don't know if it's by design, or what, but in many options screens, and in SOME e-mails both the back and foreground colours are black until text is highlighted... a bit tough to use! This is mostly in the options menus... screen/keyboard for example. Otherwise I might've swapped out lock/homescreen backgrounds with ones like I have attached.

Please, please, please don't take that as destructive criticism; I am a majorly picky bastard who is delighted to have found your terrific work (art??) out on the i-net, and thank you so much for sharing them all free of cost. You have a gold star in my book now. lol Thank you Cherri!

Wuv,
    Ian

P.S. My pickiness considered, I would HAPPILY pay you a reasonable sum to modify those themes slightly per my comments above.. lol Alright, back to work for me. It's my son's 6th birthday and I need to get out of here early. Thanks again so much!!!

dorojm no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am so glad I found this post today. I have been banging my head against the wall trying to get themes to work on my 7130 and was about to give up.
    I have been able to download themes AND have them work today. I'm like a little kid in a candy shop now that I can actually choose.
    I'm sorry you had to deal with the same problem but I am so greatful for your help.

Thumbs up Re: 7130c w/ BB Desktop Manager 4.2.2.14 Theme HELP! Going nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by dorojm
    I am so glad I found this post today. I have been banging my head against the wall trying to get themes to work on my 7130 and was about to give up.
    I have been able to download themes AND have them work today. I'm like a little kid in a candy shop now that I can actually choose.
    I'm sorry you had to deal with the same problem but I am so greatful for your help.
    I am glad that my misery has led to someone else's good fortune! The real hero(ine)s here are the theme makers like Cherri here!

Once I had the theme situation figured out (that 8100 themes WORK on a 7130c with the latest OS/Desktop software) I was a kid in a candy store too... but still found little that I really liked! Then I stumbled upon her site. A+!

I do still wish a little bit, despite their beauty, that I could find a "List" theme reminiscent of the BB Insight-List theme installed with my original software!

I am just majorly digging some of these themes I have now, though.

Congrats!
    Ian