I recently bought a HTC HD7 and have been considering getting a screen protector for ... Smartphone Accessories forum

Techie_Jr no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Screen protector shopping

Advertisement

I recently bought a HTC HD7 and have been considering getting a screen protector for it. I noticed this one on-line Anti-glare screen protector. I like that it advertises itself as an "anti-glare" but don't know if this feature is standard to most screen protectors or not. Anyone have experience with different types of screen protectors? Would a privacy screen protector be a better look (no pun intended lol)?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I think privacy just means that it has a tint to it which prevents those around you from seeing what's on your screen within close proximity.

I've always had good luck with and been partial to Seidio products. They're not the cheapest or the most expensive, but they're high quality and do the job well.

Techie_Jr no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the tip Roger!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    As Roger said, Seodio makes good stuff. I've used their screen protectors a lot. Also check out the Invisishield line, you may find something you're looking for there.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    What I suggest is buy and try both an anti-glare and a non anti-glare so you really know which one you prefer. Stay away from privacy screens unless you plan on watching "boom chika waw waw" on your HTC because you can watch it in HD and you don't want anyone noticing. Because privacy films are definitely a screen clarity degrader. What's nice about using a non-anti-glare screen film is that you still feel the smooth swiping feeling when swiping your finger across the screen.

I personally like the anti-glare screen films. No brand in particular but it's great because when your outdoors, you don't have to worry about annoying reflections and what I like particularly about them is that it doesn't leave any fingerprints on your beautiful touchscreen =)

If you use the regular screen films that are not anti-glare, you'll find yourself constantly wiping your screen because it'll always get covered with fingerprints. But I should advise you that anti-glare screen protectors will also degrade the the clarity very slightly. For me it doesn't bother me on my torch because it's not like I watch videos on my phone where it's a must that I am able to view clear, crisp quality videos anyway. I'd rather be finger-print free =D But that's just my preference.
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+