Cats will be reviewing a Case Fanatic S4 case here soon, but while I was ... Smartphone Accessories forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Case Fanatic Battery Cover for Note II

Advertisement

Cats will be reviewing a Case Fanatic S4 case here soon, but while I was out on their site, I came across these battery covers for the Note II. We've all complained about the flimsy plastic battery covers on the S3 and S4, as well as the Note, so when I saw that these were "metal" I decided to take the plunge and order a couple. They're not cheap at 28.00 each, but they have a 2-for-1 deal going now, so of course I got two for that price. One is titanium in color, like the device itself and the other is black.

As you can see from the pics below, the titanium color matches pretty well, and it snaps in place very well, too. These covers are definitely beefier than the plastic ones, therefore adding a touch more weight to the device, which doesn't bother me. In my opinion, this gives the device a more solid overall feel to it.

The inner portion of the cover is still plastic, but the cover itself is indeed some sort of metal. I'm guessing its aluminum, but they don't say for sure what it's made of.

The covers add a little depth to the device, which made for putting my Seidio ACTIVE case on a little more difficult, and in fact causes it to not be able to snap together completely like it would with the normal cover on. That's a little irritating, but it also makes the case fit a little more snug so that I'm not worried about it sliding off the device.

So if you're annoyed at the cheapness and flimsiness of the plastic battery covers, these just might do the trick for you. Looks like they have these for the S4 and Note II only.

Go to the Case Fanatic website here.

First picture is the Case Fanatic off the device, second picture is with the cover on the device.

CoverOff.jpgCoverOn.jpg

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Bah.
    Nice review. Sucks no S3 love.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yeah, I was surprised to see that, Jay.

LetTheDrummerKick no está en línea Stack level 1
    Looks better than the glossy T-Mobile cover.
    All that is left is vengeance..a vendetta.

Nokia Communicator E90 :: Lumia 720 :: Nexus 4