I'm in the process of testing a Motorola Elite Flip. So far it seems to ... Smartphone Accessories forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Bluetooth thread

Advertisement

I'm in the process of testing a Motorola Elite Flip. So far it seems to be a pretty solid piece.I'll give a bit of a review after I've tested it for a bit.

What bluetooth devices do you use and what do you think about them?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I've been using a BlueAnt Q2, but have just received a Jawbone ERA for review. Will be posting a review of that here soon.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    First impressions…This is a pretty sexy looking bluetooth piece.I had this one and the Jawbone HD both in my hands and was deciding between the two. The HD just seemed to be a big fat earpiece and the Moto looked elegant…yes looks matter to me. A couple of other reasons I chose the Moto.One was the flip to turn on feature.The other was the 330 foot range. Yes,330 foot range for a bluetooth device.It's a class 1 BT and most others are class 2 (the 30 foot range). Price point for both was $99

First of all comfort… I won't comment a whole lot on comfort because that is super subjective and differs from person to person depending on shape of ear etc… It comes with 4 different wearing options but I dug an ear gel out of my cool junk drawer and used it. It worked well for me.

1st day of testing was mostly dedicated to working and not testing the Moto but a few things I learned. First of all the flip to turn on feature is really neat but didn't accomplish what i was hoping it would. I was hoping that I would be able to relieve a call and flip it open to answer it.It connects too slow to accomplish this. The flip is still cool though because I hate wearing those things and like to pocket mine when not in use.With the flip it's easy to turn on and off and there's no confusion of whether it's really on or off.With others I have to hold a button and watch for a sequence of flashes and hope that it's on or off.

When you turn on the device and put it in your ear you hear a voice telling you that it is connected and how much battery life you have left. That is a nice feature so you're not left wondering how much talk time you have left. Full charge gives you 6+ hours so that's way plenty for me.Also there's an icon in your status bar indicating battery level.

Text feature…Here's where moto shows their lean toward Android. There is a Motospeak app in the Android market for speech to text. Fortunately with a 4s Siri takes care of that for us iphoners. I tested a few texts and it was a little wonky but I was able to successfully send some texts via the earpiece and Siri.Probably just a learning curve on my part.

the most important part,hearing and being heard…. I only had a few calls today but I was able to hear very clearly with medium volume and that was in a very noisy invironment. I didn't tell the people I was talking to about the new earpiece and none of them said anything about not being able to hear me well. no huh's and what's.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    I've been using a BlueAnt Q2, but have just received a Jawbone ERA for review. Will be posting a review of that here soon.
    I have used the Ant before too. I was also considering the Era. It looked pretty cool but for some reason I haven't had a whole lot of luck with Jawbones.