Does anyone out there own this device? I have a few users complaining of battery ... BlackBerry Style forum

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Question Battery Life Issues

Advertisement

Does anyone out there own this device? I have a few users complaining of battery life and that they have to charge it multiple times a day. I have already had them turn off bluetooth, wifi and close any running bg apps. I realize that having 2 screens is more of a power drain but I think they are experiencing a problem. Thoughts?
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Not sure about the Style, but if it's anything like my Torch I had to spot charge it a few times a day to keep going. That being said, Im on my device all day at work. I would say that if they are heavy users, that this is not out of the ordinary.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    That seems to be the case with about every BlackBerry I've owned. When I was working and using my device alot I took the opportunity while and when I could to plug it in and give it some juice as chokem stated, at my desk in my car whenever. Now that I'm not a heavy user it's not so bad, don't even carry a car charger. Emails are a killer as well as the web, data loves to use battery

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Tygris25 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I own it and like it even though it isn't 3G....with heavy data/text use the battery can deplete yes....however with voice usage the battery seems to be ok...and I'm sorry for the bad typing...lol.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    My Bold 9700 has great battery life. I'm a moderately heavy user when it comes to texting, bbm, emails and surfing, however, I do not use mine for voice calls which I presume saves me from charging throughout the day. Also, I just purchased my phone a month ago so give it a few more months and a few more charges and I'll lose battery life faster.

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3
    I can't see how or why the battery life should drain quickly on the Style. I would assume it should perform as any other blackberry would that's not a touch screen which is generally better than average with moderate usage.

Which carrier are these users with? Maybe it's possibly the OS they're running on. A different OS can improve battery life, but it could also be worse. Find out if there's an OS they can upgrade to with better battery life.
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

MobiBiz no está en línea Stack level 2
    I would totally agree with the OS upgrade and also would suggest you to turn off 3g when you do not need it. Instructions can be found in the forum.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by MobiBiz View Post
    I would totally agree with the OS upgrade and also would suggest you to turn off 3g when you do not need it. Instructions can be found in the forum.
    The 9670 is a CDMA-only device. There is no way to turn off 3G (which is actually 1XEV) on CDMA.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

I didn't see this thread when it first popped up in Feb/March, but these circumstances suggest to me a batch of bad batteries that needed to be replaced.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    For CDMA devices, it also is a good idea to update the PRL. If you have Sprint and dial *2, you will get instructions on how to update the PRL.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

coloneludatank no está en línea Stack level 2
    No the battery life is horrible on the Style because when I first got it I ran it with no additions on it and the battery was good for 3 hours with sending/receiving emails and changing my fb notifications to every hour instead of 30 mins.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Wirelessly posted (Style 9670: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9670; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.522 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

My 9670 drains very quickly as well. I'm on mine costantly including im apps and social apps. So I keep a charger close by. I'm sure it's nothing wrong with the device.
    ]