Hey Stackers, I hope this is the right place to put this issue. I am ... Software & Theme Development forum

CongaMonkey no está en línea Stack level 1

WSDL and URL confusion

Hey Stackers,

I hope this is the right place to put this issue.

I am a BES and MDS Studio newbie - also new to web services. I am working with BES 4.1.2 and the BB 7520. The current stumbling block in my learining curve is the details of the WSDL-Web service connection, mainly with URI's, URL's and URN's.

I am trying to develop an app that accesses a test web service called "Hello World" (how original - I'm not sure where it came from) using bottom-up approach. It simply returns the string (you guessed it) "Hello World".

Here is my laundry list of questions:

WSDL Generation
    1. What goes in the Target Namespace - the URL to the web service or something else?

2.Service Port Address Location - what's this?

3.WSDL Save File location - what's the best place for this?

Other questions
    4. In the project properties there is a URI with a default value. What purpose does this serve and, if important, what should it be?

5. When attempting to use the QuickStart or Top-Down approach, the first item requested is a WSDL URL. I assume this means a WSDL exists. How is one generated outside of MDS Studio - I only know the WSDL generation wizard.

Thanks for any help!

Wallowing in cluelessness,

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro