Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

no it doesn't matter that your vendor file is deleted.the question is...does he have 4.3 ... Software & Theme Development forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Advertisement

no it doesn't matter that your vendor file is deleted.the question is...does he have 4.3 os loaded on his pc?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

austinstout no está en línea Stack level 2
    when you say "os" do you mean his version of desktop manager? Why would he have v4.3 loaded on his computer? Its a new phone its the verison that came with it?
    Newb.... But learning something new everyday

PIN/ID
    wut?
    you have to have your os loaded on your pc before you can add any apps to it with the dm.you need to locate his os and download it to his pc.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by austinstout View Post
    when you say "os" do you mean his version of desktop manager?
    no the 4.3 os he has on his phone....has to be on the pc too.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Catstide is correct. Inorder to use the DM(whatever version you are using) you must also have the OS that is on the bb alsp on that pc. The DM application loader needs the bbs os to be installed as well before it will allow you to add applications. So you need his sprint 4.3 os.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Yeah cat awesome info, sorry Austin been tied up with the kiddos
    Cat is right if his os 4.3 for his Verizon phone is not installed on the computer you try to load it from, then it won't recognize the theme software as new software because it won't see it as compatable. That must be done first in order for it to read. Properly. Understand now Austin?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So aztar beat me to it See Austin, like I said there are loads of people on here to help,

Last edited by azstar; 10-29-2008 at 06:09 PM. Reason: double post

Ok so why did when I loaded my Desktop Manager for the fist time... Hooked up my phone.. Downloaded a theme and uses DM to install and it worked.... why would that not work for him? He has a seprate PC with HIS DM and has loaded/unloaded themes no prob.

My themes are the ones not working? They work fine on my verizon8330 v4.5 when I make/load/save in my format but for HIS sprint 8330v4.3 and saving/loading on his DM they are not working?

Make sense? Am I totally blind to something? Sorry if I am...

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Btw thanks for the props but to be honest, all I have learned that has not come from practical, first hand knowledge, has come from pther stackers/themebuilders like Smurf, Cherrichiodo, DjSmooth, and others. Keep @ it and you'll figure it out!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cont

Smurf especially. He has taken time out of his day to make me many themes out of the goodness of his heart, and says I have helped him, when in reality he has taught me a lot also. Thanks again Smurf!

Thbassman

One other thing I forgot to mention, these people have lives too, Smurf for instance has had a really rough time lately, and yet has still taken time to answer many a question for me and other newbies.
    Thanks again bro !

Thbassman

Last edited by azstar; 10-29-2008 at 06:10 PM.

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    Thbass u r always giving me peops for everything! I thank u! Like u said I do try my best to help out as much as possible but I am morning 2 cousins which have. Been lost this week and I have been pretty much dormant this week!
    Austin I'm sorry I'm usually a lot more help but I can't think str8 and asked th to send u the answers I have given!! He is a gr8 person always lookin to help all and I admire that about him!
    That's y when he calls upon my help for any1 I'm there!!
    Once again sorry I been away from the stack and thbass thank u for ur kind words u r awesome!!!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I read over the thread quickly but always remember a person can have too many themes installed and sometimes removing one or two will make room for the new. (memory limits).

Another thought also is to look at the .alx file using notepad and make sure the target O.S is listed. I know for awhile exporting a theme had some issues with that line.
    Last edited by srl7741; 10-29-2008 at 06:59 PM.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Srl I have not have that problem with 4.5 that I know and I have had up to 6 themes @ one time in my device that were custom made. Think 4.5 made some much needed improvements on that because before I think 3 or 4 were the most your BB would show @ one time
    Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf2598 View Post
    Thbass u r always giving me peops for everything! I thank u! Like u said I do try my best to help out as much as possible but I am morning 2 cousins which have. Been lost this week and I have been pretty much dormant this week!
    Austin I'm sorry I'm usually a lot more help but I can't think str8 and asked th to send u the answers I have given!! He is a gr8 person always lookin to help all and I admire that about him!
    That's y when he calls upon my help for any1 I'm there!!
    Once again sorry I been away from the stack and thbass thank u for ur kind words u r awesome!!!

First sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I read over the thread quickly but always remember a person can have too many themes installed and sometimes removing one or two will make room for the new. (memory limits).

Another thought also is to look at the .alx file using notepad and make sure the target O.S is listed. I know for awhile exporting a theme had some issues with that line.
    Dont think thats it..

Here's the story:

I am still trying to get a s8 answer..... Here's the story. I upgraded my 8330 to v4.5..... dl'd all programs to make plasmic work and started makeing themes. all my buds I am making them for hae sprint 8330 4.3. Every time I saved and clicked that lil green incon I saved it for v4.2. Long story short he went to load the file on HIS pc from Desktop manager and they give that message " no other appliacations" like when the theme doesnt work. I got stupid and figured I would downgrade back to v4.3 ( wait for a verizon 4.5 offical release) and dl the v4.2 of plasmin instead of v4.5.... got alll those programs and the ******** program would not work. said it could not find the "Email and MDS simulator" witch i dl'd and ran..... is there certian versions of the three programs i need to work to make the old plasmic work.... or HOW CAN i make themes work for sprint/verizon 8330 with the new plasmic?

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Yes and that is the problem going back is they are not backwords compatable. You would have to go to a great thememaker with that Q, one who has used multiple versions of this program, still trying to have the time to set up 4.5 for mine. Smurf2598, Cherrichiodo, DjSmooth, Srl used to as well I think? Any takers?

Thbassman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12